Starmer Pledges Support for Child Sexual Abuse Victims, Warns Against ‘Debate Based on Lies’

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

Elon Musk has criticised the UK government’s handling of child grooming gangs in a series of messages on his social media site X.

Prime Minister Sir Keir Starmer has reaffirmed the government’s commitment to protect victims of child sexual abuse and warned it won’t tolerate discussions on the issue that are based on lies.

His remarks follow an ongoing exchange between UK politicians and tech billionaire Elon Musk, who is set to act as an unelected adviser to the upcoming Trump presidency.

Musk has claimed that Starmer had failed to bring “rape gangs” to justice when he was director of public prosecutions. He also suggested that safeguarding minister Jess Phillips “deserves to be in prison” after she denied requests for a public inquiry in Oldham.

Starmer has defended his actions to tackle child sexual abuse by grooming gangs in the UK. Speaking to reporters on Monday, he said he had dealt with the problem “head-on” as director of public prosecutions.

“I reopened cases that had been closed and supposedly finished, I brought the first major prosecution of an Asian grooming gang—in that particular case it was in Rochdale, but it was the first of its kind, there were many that then followed that format.

“We changed, or I changed, the whole prosecution approach, because I wanted to challenge and did challenge the myths and stereotypes that were stopping those victims being heard. When I left office, we had the highest number of child sexual abuse cases being prosecuted on record.

“Now that record is not secret. As a public servant, it’s there for all of you, for everybody to see,” Starmer said.

When pressed on Musk’s comment regarding Phillips, Starmer said “a line has been crossed” and reaffirmed the government’s commitment to protecting victims, including of child sexual abuse.

“But what I won’t tolerate is this discussion and debate based on lies,” the prime minister added.

Inquiries Into Historic Abuse

Historic child sexual abuse cases in Rochdale, Rotherham, and other areas of the UK have been investigated by the Independent Inquiry into Child Sex Abuse, led by Alexis Jay.

By Evgenia Filimianova

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

An Unseen Tale of Marjorie Taylor Greene

The sudden resignation of Georgia Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has had journalists and political pundits pondering.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

Were The Brits Behind Bloomberg’s Russian-US Leaks?

Bloomberg shared alleged call transcripts between Trump envoy Steve Witkoff and top Putin aides about discussions on the Ukrainian peace process.

Flipping the Script: When Democrats Project Their Own Instability 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the most erratic, inconsistent, and emotionally incontinent political figure in recent memory, isn’t tweeting from Mar-a-Lago.

This is Your Brain on Plastic, a Literature Review

Microplastics in the air, land and sea migrate into every organ where they burrow and from which they cannot feasibly be eliminated or degraded.

Afghan Parolee Charged With Terroristic Threat

The case, in addition to a recent shooting of...

Cartels Are Scrambling as Fentanyl Precursor Supply From China Dries Up: FBI Director

Beijing halted fentanyl precursor exports, leaving cartels in Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia scrambling for alternatives that don’t exist.

National Guard Shooting Suspect to Be Charged With First-Degree Murder, Pirro Says

Charges will be upgraded to first-degree murder after one of the two National Guard members shot this week died, the U.S. attorney said.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central