Federal Judge Halts Deportation of Boulder Firebombing Suspect’s Family

5Mind. The Meme Platform

‘The court finds that deportation without process could work irreparable harm,’ the judge wrote in an order.

A federal judge on June 4 issued an order to prevent the deportation of family members of a man charged in the firebombing attack in Boulder, Colorado.

Judge Gordon Gallagher of the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado granted a request from the family of Mohamed Sabry Soliman to block their deportation proceedings, after immigration authorities took them into custody.

The government “shall not remove” Soliman’s wife and five children from Colorado “unless or until this Court or the Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit vacates this order,” Gallagher wrote in his order.

“Moreover, the Court finds that deportation without process could work irreparable harm and an order must [be] issue[d] without notice due to the urgency this situation presents,” the order reads.

Soliman, a 45-year-old citizen of Egypt, was charged with a federal hate crime following the June 1 incendiary attack at a gathering to express solidarity with those taken hostage from Israel by the terrorist group Hamas. Boulder County officials said in the most recent update, on June 4, that eight women and seven men, ranging in age from 25 to 88, suffered injuries.

Investigators allege that Soliman shouted “Free Palestine” before throwing Molotov cocktails into the crowd, and that he had planned the attack for more than a year, waiting until after his daughter’s graduation to carry it out. They also recovered at least 14 unused Molotov cocktails and a backpack sprayer, believed to have been modified as a makeshift flamethrower.

In addition to the federal hate crime charge, Soliman faces dozens of state-level charges that include 16 counts of attempted first-degree murder, as well as multiple charges of first-degree assault, possession of an incendiary device, and attempted possession of an incendiary device. The murder charges alone could lead to 384 years of prison time if he is convicted of all of them.

Soliman’s wife and five children have not been charged with any crimes. However, on June 3, Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem announced that they had been taken into federal custody.

“We are investigating to what extent his family knew about this heinous attack, if they had knowledge of it, or if they provided support to it,” Noem wrote in a post on social media platform X.

By Bill Pan

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

Were The Brits Behind Bloomberg’s Russian-US Leaks?

Bloomberg shared alleged call transcripts between Trump envoy Steve Witkoff and top Putin aides about discussions on the Ukrainian peace process.

Flipping the Script: When Democrats Project Their Own Instability 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the most erratic, inconsistent, and emotionally incontinent political figure in recent memory, isn’t tweeting from Mar-a-Lago.

This is Your Brain on Plastic, a Literature Review

Microplastics in the air, land and sea migrate into every organ where they burrow and from which they cannot feasibly be eliminated or degraded.

Irresolute Resolutions

"We need a government that lives within its means, focused on debt reduction, with strict limits on spending and baseline budgeting."

National Guard Shooting Suspect to Be Charged With First-Degree Murder, Pirro Says

Charges will be upgraded to first-degree murder after one of the two National Guard members shot this week died, the U.S. attorney said.

National Murder Rate Is ‘Lowest in Modern History’: FBI Director

FBI Director Kash Patel said Nov. 26 that homicide rates nationwide fell by double digits compared to last year.

Trump to Pause Immigration From ‘Third World Countries’

President Trump said he would “permanently pause migration from all Third World countries” and remove foreign nationals who are “incapable of loving” the US.

Cartels Are Scrambling as Fentanyl Precursor Supply From China Dries Up: FBI Director

Beijing halted fentanyl precursor exports, leaving cartels in Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia scrambling for alternatives that don’t exist.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central