The two companies had been in negotiations to renew the carrier contract, with YouTube saying this week that Fox channels would go dark if a deal wasnโt struck.
Fox Corporation and YouTube announced on Aug. 28 that they had reached a deal to renew their carriage agreement, ensuring Fox channels remain available on YouTube TV.
Fox said in a statement that the full portfolio of Fox networksโincluding Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Sports, and local Fox stationsโwould be renewed for broadcasting on the streaming platform.
YouTube said in a blog post, โWeโre happy to share that weโve reached an agreement with Fox to keep their content on YouTube TV, preserve the value of our service for our subscribers and offer more flexibility in the future.โ
The corporations did not disclose the financial terms of the agreement.
The two companies had been in talks to renew their carriage contract, with YouTube saying on Aug. 25 that Fox channels may go dark on its YouTube TV platform if an agreement could not be made with Fox Corporation by 5 P.M. ET on Aug. 27.
The companies reached a short-term extension on Aug. 27 to prevent disruption to YouTube TV subscribers, allowing both parties to continue to work on the new agreement, which was completed the following day.
Before reaching a deal, the two media giants publicly acknowledged the state of their negotiations. YouTube said on Aug. 27 that Fox Corporation was asking for fees โfar higherโ than those paid to other partners offering similar content.
Meanwhile, Fox said that it had been committed to reaching a fair agreement, but was โdisappointed that Google continually exploits its outsized influence by proposing terms that are out of step with the marketplace.โ
In Time for College Football
Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Brendan Carr weighed in on the carriage dispute, writing on X the day before the deadline that the removal of the Fox channels from YouTube TV โwould be a terrible outcome.โ
Google removing Fox channels from YouTube TV would be a terrible outcome.
— Brendan Carr (@BrendanCarrFCC) August 26, 2025
Millions of Americans are relying on YouTube to resolve this dispute so they can keep watching the news and sports they wantโincluding this weekโs Big Game: Texas @ Ohio State.
Get a deal done Google! https://t.co/As37BDUrae
โMillions of Americans are relying on YouTube to resolve this dispute so they can keep watching the news and sports they wantโincluding this weekโs Big Game: Texas [at] Ohio State,โ the FCC chairman wrote, adding, โGet a deal done Google!โ
The urgency to secure a deal in time for major college sporting events was acknowledged by YouTube, which said in its Aug. 28 statement that the newly reached agreement meant โfootball fans will not miss any of the action this weekend.โ
Carr wrote on X on Aug. 28 in response to news of the agreement: โIโm very pleased that Google and Fox have now reached a deal. This is great news for college football fans and avoids blackouts.โ
Iโm very pleased that Google and Fox have now reached a deal.
— Brendan Carr (@BrendanCarrFCC) August 29, 2025
This is great news for college football fans and avoids blackouts.
Enjoy the games this weekend! ๐ https://t.co/7pKgLWBwAP