The president announced that member nations will pledge a combined $5 billion towards Gaza reconstruction and aid at the group’s first meeting on Thursday.
President Donald Trump’s Board of Peace is hosting its first meeting in Washington on Feb. 19, featuring attendees representing nearly 50 nations and the European Union among the member states collaborating on the U.S.-backed effort to rebuild the Gaza Strip.
Taking place at the recently renamed U.S. Institute of Peace, it will be the group’s first official meeting after officials from two dozen of the board’s founding member states gathered onstage with Trump at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, last month.
The Board of Peace is part of a multi-pronged effort, including the U.S.-launched Palestinian technocratic committee, to rebuild the Gaza Strip after last year’s cease-fire between Israel and terrorist group Hamas.
Trump’s board aims to provide oversight and mobilization of international resources during a period of transition for Gaza, particularly as the enclave is rebuilt following years of Israeli strikes that leveled entire buildings and neighborhoods.
The United Nations has said that the Gaza Strip faces a humanitarian crisis, as millions endure hunger and malnutrition. In October 2025, it estimated that 81 percent of all structures in the Gaza Strip were damaged.
The group’s executive board features U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio, U.S. deputy national security adviser Robert Gabriel, U.S. envoys Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner, former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, private equity executive Marc Rowan, and World Bank Group President Ajay Banga.
Trump chairs the board and retains full veto power over its decisions and membership.
The more than 25 Board of Peace member states have pledged a combined amount of more than $5 billion toward Gaza humanitarian and reconstruction efforts, as well as committing thousands of personnel for security in the Gaza Strip, Trump announced on Feb. 15. He said further details about the funding would be discussed at the board’s first meeting on Thursday.
Union (EU) would be sending representatives to the board’s first meeting on Thursday, including some that have declined Trump’s invitation to join the board as member states.
By Jacob Burg







