Iran Says ‘All Options’ on Table for Response to US Strikes on Nuclear Facilities

5Mind. The Meme Platform

Iran reserves “all options” to respond to U.S. military strikes on its nuclear facilities on Saturday night, said Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi on Sunday morning.

In a statement released on social media, Araqchi said that the strikes “are outrageous and will have everlasting consequences.”

He said Iran now “reserves all options to defend its sovereignty, interest, and people” in accordance with the United Nations Charter.

Hours later, the foreign minister suggested in a separate statement that diplomacy between Iran and the United States is now off the table following the strikes, which were conducted about a week after Israel launched a number of airstrikes on Iranian infrastructure in a bid to degrade the country’s nuclear capabilities. In response, Iran has launched hundreds of missiles at Israel, striking residential buildings, a hospital, and a mosque last week.

Earlier this month, President Donald Trump said that a 60-day deadline set in April for Iran to negotiate a deal to give up its nuclear program expired in mid-June—a day before Israel launched an attack on key infrastructure. Trump reiterated that Iran cannot obtain a nuclear weapon.

In 2020, Iran launched a number of missiles at U.S. bases in the Middle East after the Trump administration ordered the strike killing Iranian commander Qassem Soleimani after saying that he was responsible for a number of terrorist attacks in the region that targeted U.S. troops and other assets. Several dozen American soldiers suffered minor injuries in those attacks.

It’s not clear if Iran will do the same. As of the morning of June 22, there has been no public indication that Tehran is planning on launching strikes against U.S. assets in the region.

On Sunday, Iranian officials said via state-run Tasnim News that Iran for the first time launched what it described as a multi-warhead missile at Israel, claiming it hit several targets. The Israel Defense Forces wrote in a statement on social media Sunday morning that sirens were heard going off due “to another Iranian missile attack.”

U.S. Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth said that the strikes targeting nuclear facilities in Iran were not designed to bring about regime change in the country, which has been under autocratic Islamic rule since 1979, when Muslims overthrew the Pahlavi monarchy.

“This mission was not and has not been about regime change,” Hegseth told reporters at the Pentagon Sunday. “The president authorized a precision operation to neutralize the threats to our national interests posed by the Iranian nuclear program.”

Seven B-2 stealth bombers flew for 18 hours from the United States to Iran to drop 14 bunker-buster bombs, Gen. Dan Caine, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told reporters.

In total, the U.S. military launched 75 precision-guided munitions, including more than two dozen Tomahawk missiles, and using more than 125 military aircraft, in the operation against three nuclear sites, Caine said.

“Our forces remain on high alert and are fully postured to respond to any Iranian retaliation or proxy attacks, which would be an incredibly poor choice,” Caine said, referring to a possible response to Iranian aggression against the United States.

Late on Saturday, Trump delivered a televised address to the American public, announcing that the U.S. strikes “were a spectacular military success” and that “Iran’s key nuclear enrichment facilities have been completely and totally obliterated.”

In a speech that lasted just over three minutes, Trump said Iran’s future holds “either peace or tragedy,” and that there are many other targets that could be hit by the U.S. military. “If peace does not come quickly, we will go after those other targets with precision, speed, and skill.”

Trump also wrote on Truth Social that Iran’s Fordow nuclear facility has been destroyed after bombs were dropped on the site.

Reuters contributed to this report.

By Jack Phillips

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

“Despite” the Truth

Despite signals media skepticism—like “bless his heart”—subtly masking criticism of Trump’s policies and their real-world impact.

Project Anchor 8/12/2026 Gravity Stops for 7 Seconds

Viral story claims a shadowy “Project Anchor” government operation exists above top secret classification, fueling online speculation and intrigue.

Rubio’s Munich Speech Detailed Trump 2.0’s Envisaged New World Order

Sec. of State & Nat’l Security Adv., Marco Rubio, delivered a historic speech at the Munich Security Conference on Trump 2.0’s world order.

Federalism Isn’t a Relic — It’s America’s Political Shock Absorber

The resistance movement in Minneapolis is a glimpse of future conflict over the expansion of federal power, federalism, and the essential role of states.

Republican Voter Surge Shocks!

"Young and minority Americans, including Gen Z and Gen Alpha, are shifting from left to right, influenced by figures like Kirk, Presler, and Minaj."

Man Pleads Guilty to Assaulting Immigration Enforcement Officer During California Riot

California man pleads guilty to hurling concrete at occupied federal immigration vehicles during LA riots, injuring an officer.

Rev. Jesse Jackson Dies Aged 84

U.S. civil rights leader Rev. Jesse Jackson has died aged 84, according to a Feb. 17 announcement by his family.

2 High-Profile Transgender Surgery Cases Head to Trial

Two high-profile detransitioner cases involving women surgically altered as teens are headed to trial in 2027, raising legal and medical questions nationwide.

New Research Suggests Cause of Rare Blood-Clotting Side Effect From COVID-19 Vaccine

New research published in The New England Journal of Medicine suggests the cause of a rare blood-clotting side effect came from the COVID-19 Vaccine.

Rubio’s Warm Munich Address Carries Stark Warning for Europe

The Munich Security Conference wrapped up, but Sec. of State Marco Rubio’s speech is still making waves in the United States and Europe.

DOGE Says It Helped Terminate Billions of Dollars in New Contracts

DOGE helped terminate hundreds of contracts in the past month or so, providing the first public update on its work in more than a month.

Trump Admin Unveils Maritime Action Plan to Revive US Shipbuilding

The Trump administration unveiled a comprehensive Maritime Action Plan on Feb. 13 meant to resurrect the U.S. shipbuilding sector.

Trump Says US Military ‘Best-Trained, Best-Equipped’ Under His Administration

President Donald Trump highlighted military successes and investments during a speech to soldiers in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central