Israel Says It Has Killed Top Hezbollah Commander in Beirut Strike

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

An IDF airstrike killed Ibrahim Aqil while he met with other senior commanders in an underground bunker outside Beirut.

In yet another devastating strike on Hezbollah, Israeli officials said an Israeli airstrike on Sept. 20 killed its operations commander and a dozen other top leaders as they met in a bunker beneath a residential building outside Beirut, Lebanon.

Hezbollah had responded overnight, as it promised it would, to this week’s deadly exploding pager and radio attacks, launching nearly 150 rockets at Israel.

Israeli officials have not directly commented on the attacks and have not said whether Israel’s military was involved.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) confirmed Ibrahim Aqil was killed in the Sept. 20 airstrike.

Aqil was Hezbollah’s operations commander, head of its elite Radwan Forces, in line to become second-in-command to leader Hassan Nasrallah, and long wanted by the United States for his directing the 1983 U.S. Embassy and Marine barracks bombings in Beirut.

About 10 senior operations and Radwan commanders were also killed in the bombing strike, the IDF said.

The IDF said Aqil was planning Hezbollah’s version of Hamas’s deadly Oct. 7, 2023, attacks, in which northern Israeli communities would be infiltrated and their residents murdered.

Hezbollah Pager Explosions

Earlier in the week, Hezbollah pagers, and in a second wave handheld radios, exploded on their users’ belts or in their hands, killing nine and wounding more than 2,800.

Hezbollah’s rocket attack was one of its largest ever. The IDF, which tends to minimize damage reports, said that some of the rockets were shot down while many others landed in open areas. Some of those set fires and few Israeli casualties were reported.

The IDF said about 120 rockets were fired at the Golan Heights, Safed, and Upper Galilee, and another 20 at the areas of Meron and Netua.

Israeli press reports, though, said around 50 houses in Israel’s northernmost community, Metula, were damaged by rockets in the overnight barrage. Over 300 houses, around half of all homes, have been damaged since Oct. 8, 2023. Many homes back up to the Lebanese border.

By Dan M. Berger

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

An Unseen Tale of Marjorie Taylor Greene

The sudden resignation of Georgia Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has had journalists and political pundits pondering.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

Were The Brits Behind Bloomberg’s Russian-US Leaks?

Bloomberg shared alleged call transcripts between Trump envoy Steve Witkoff and top Putin aides about discussions on the Ukrainian peace process.

Flipping the Script: When Democrats Project Their Own Instability 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the most erratic, inconsistent, and emotionally incontinent political figure in recent memory, isn’t tweeting from Mar-a-Lago.

This is Your Brain on Plastic, a Literature Review

Microplastics in the air, land and sea migrate into every organ where they burrow and from which they cannot feasibly be eliminated or degraded.

Afghan Parolee Charged With Terroristic Threat

The case, in addition to a recent shooting of...

National Guard Shooting Suspect to Be Charged With First-Degree Murder, Pirro Says

Charges will be upgraded to first-degree murder after one of the two National Guard members shot this week died, the U.S. attorney said.

National Murder Rate Is ‘Lowest in Modern History’: FBI Director

FBI Director Kash Patel said Nov. 26 that homicide rates nationwide fell by double digits compared to last year.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central