LA Protests Intensify on Third Night As Marines Put on Standby

5Mind. The Meme Platform

Trump said that California officials who work against the ongoing deportations could face federal charges.

Thousands of protesters have blocked off a major freeway in Los Angeles and set several self-driving taxis on fire as police try to control the crowd as anti-ICE protests continued into a third night.

The protests and riots began on Friday after Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested dozens of illegal immigrants in the city as part of President Donald Trump’s mass deportation operation.

As darkness fell on Sunday night, the Los Angeles Police Department wrote on the social media platform X, “An UNLAWFUL ASSEMBLY for the area of the Civic Center part of Los Angeles has been declared. Those with cell phones in the area of the Civic Center have received the alert.”

Police officers then tried to move in to disperse the crowd.

Rocks, fireworks, and electric scooters were hurled at California Highway Patrol officers from behind a makeshift barrier. Officers were forced to take cover in an overpass near the southbound 101 Freeway, which has been closed.

Dozens of people were arrested during the weekend, including a rioter who threw a Molotov cocktail at the police, and another individual who tried to ram a police line with a motorcycle.

Los Angeles Police Chief Jim McDonnell said his officers had been overwhelmed.

He said the crowd included agitators who often show up at demonstrations just to cause trouble.

Trump wrote on the social platform Truth Social, “Looking really bad in L.A. BRING IN THE TROOPS!!!”

In another post, he wrote, “ARREST THE PEOPLE IN FACE MASKS, NOW!”

The National Guard has been deployed in Los Angeles, specifically to protect federal buildings, including the downtown detention center where protesters concentrated.

Earlier, U.S. Northern Command said about 500 Marines were on standby to deploy to Los Angeles.

In addition to approximately 300 National Guardsmen, NORTHCOM said in a press release, “approximately 500 Marines from 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines at Twentynine Palms, California, are in a prepared to deploy status should they be necessary to augment and support the DoD’s protection of federal property and personnel efforts.”

By Jack Phillips and Joseph Lord

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

CDC to Nuke Newborn Hepatitis B Vaccine Recommendation?

ACIP will consider the case against giving hepatitis B vaccines to newborns whose mothers are not infected, arguing the shots may be unnecessary.

Ukraine’s Anti-Corruption Investigation Is Turning Into A Rolling Coup

Russian Ambassador Rodion Miroshnik claims Yermak was dismissed to shield Zelensky as pressure mounts from an ongoing investigation.

An Unseen Tale of Marjorie Taylor Greene

The sudden resignation of Georgia Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene has had journalists and political pundits pondering.

The highway’s hidden hazards

America’s highways, already a patchwork of potholes and billboards, face a deeper crisis in illegal drivers.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

What to Know About the ‘764’ Online Predator Network and the Federal Crackdown

DOJ officials are attempting to crack down on an online predator network known as “764,” as online exploitation of vulnerable groups increases.

Afghan Parolee Charged With Terroristic Threat

The case, in addition to a recent shooting of...

Cartels Are Scrambling as Fentanyl Precursor Supply From China Dries Up: FBI Director

Beijing halted fentanyl precursor exports, leaving cartels in Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia scrambling for alternatives that don’t exist.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central