Montana Authorities Address ‘Massive Explosion’ Rumors in Sky Where Chinese Spy Balloon Was Spotted

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

Montana officials have issued a statement saying that reports of a “massive explosion” taking place in the sky near where a Chinese spy balloon was spotted are inaccurate after a video went viral on social media purporting to show several blasts in the sky over Billings and what could be debris falling to the ground.

Two explosions and a trail of smoke in the sky over Billings Montana, where the balloon had been flying over the region, were captured on camera on Friday.

Dolly Moore, who shot the video and shared it on Twitter, said she saw a jet zooming by “so fast” followed by explosions.

The video was shared widely on social media and was picked up by a number of cable networks, drawing speculation whether the U.S. military had shot down the spy balloon, as a number of prominent current and former officials had called for.

In an appearance on Tucker Carlson Tonight, Montana Gov. Greg Gianforte said he had just been informed of an apparent explosion and that authorities were “monitoring the situation” and would provide an update when more information became available.

Initially, the City of Billings put out a statement on Twitter saying that they were aware of the video and claims of a “massive explosion” over Billings but that no plane crashes had been caught on radar and no emergency crews had been called in to respond to any incidents.

In a follow-up statement, the City of Billings said that Gianforte and the Montana Department of Emergency Services had confirmed there was no explosion in or around Billings, Montana.

“They are aware of the video and it can not be substantiated,” the statement said.

Pentagon officials, who have called the balloon’s presence over U.S. airspace at around 60,000 feet a “clear violation” of U.S. sovereignty, have said that they would most likely not shoot it down due to the risk of debris falling on civilian areas.

A senior defense official on Feb. 2 told reporters that Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin and other top defense leadership convened on Feb. 1 to discuss the proper course of action regarding the balloon.

By Tom Ozimek

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

Were The Brits Behind Bloomberg’s Russian-US Leaks?

Bloomberg shared alleged call transcripts between Trump envoy Steve Witkoff and top Putin aides about discussions on the Ukrainian peace process.

Flipping the Script: When Democrats Project Their Own Instability 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the most erratic, inconsistent, and emotionally incontinent political figure in recent memory, isn’t tweeting from Mar-a-Lago.

This is Your Brain on Plastic, a Literature Review

Microplastics in the air, land and sea migrate into every organ where they burrow and from which they cannot feasibly be eliminated or degraded.

Irresolute Resolutions

"We need a government that lives within its means, focused on debt reduction, with strict limits on spending and baseline budgeting."

Afghan Parolee Charged With Terroristic Threat

The case, in addition to a recent shooting of...

National Guard Shooting Suspect to Be Charged With First-Degree Murder, Pirro Says

Charges will be upgraded to first-degree murder after one of the two National Guard members shot this week died, the U.S. attorney said.

National Murder Rate Is ‘Lowest in Modern History’: FBI Director

FBI Director Kash Patel said Nov. 26 that homicide rates nationwide fell by double digits compared to last year.

Trump to Pause Immigration From ‘Third World Countries’

President Trump said he would “permanently pause migration from all Third World countries” and remove foreign nationals who are “incapable of loving” the US.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central