Special Counsel John Durham Objects to Anti-Trump Dossier Source Using Classified Information

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

Special counsel John Durham is objecting to the proposed use of classified information by a key source for the anti-Trump dossier funded by Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Durham filed the objection in court on Aug. 16.

The filing was under seal, meaning the contents aren’t visible to the public.

But the title of the filing says the objections concern the “use, relevance, and admissibility” of classified information.

It came after Igor Danchenko, the dossier source, advised the court earlier in August that he intended to use classified information in his upcoming trial, which is slated to start in October in Alexandria, Virginia.

That filing was also sealed.

Prosecutors have given more than 5,000 classified documents, and nearly 61,000 unclassified documents, to the defendant ahead of the trial, according to one filing from Durham’s team. Prosecutors said the classified documents produced at that time “represent the bulk of the classified discovery in this matter.”

Prosecutors asked for an extension in producing the rest, which was opposed by Stuart Sears, a lawyer for Danchenko.

Sears said his client needed time to review the classified documents and file the notice that he intended to utilize classified information in his defense.

Charges

Then-Attorney General William Barr appointed Durham, a former U.S. attorney, as special counsel in 2020, directing him to investigate people involved with intelligence activities associated with the 2016 election and the administration of then-President Donald Trump, including the FBI’s operation dubbed Crossfire Hurricane that was focused on alleged collusion between Trump associates and Russia.

Durham was also authorized to investigate the probe completed by special counsel Robert Mueller, which found no evidence of collusion.

Crossfire Hurricane was based in part on the dossier that ex-British spy Christopher Steele, who favored Clinton over Trump, compiled on behalf of the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee. The dossier made a series of unsubstantiated allegations, a number of which have since been deemed false by U.S. authorities.

By Zachary Stieber

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

When Coincidence Ceases to Persuade

Democratic leaders, media, celebrities, and elites contributed to a climate where political violence against one side of America feels increasingly justified.

Alpha-Gal Syndrome Up 5,566% in Ten Years (+ When the CIA Carpet-Bombed Cuba With Weaponized Ticks)

Social media is flooded with reports and videos showing exploding tick populations and mysterious boxes of ticks left in farms and woods nationwide.

Ozempic, What Could Go Wrong?

Humanity often ignores clear warning signs when they conflict with comfort, convenience, vanity, or quick fixes.

Exposing the Hypocrats

Americans are beginning to notice that a large portion of modern politics has become less about serving the people and more about manipulating them.

Germany’s Military Patronage Of Ukraine Is A Crucial Part Of Its Grand Strategy

German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius announced during his recent visit to Kiev that their countries will jointly develop “deep strike” capabilities.

Trump to Posthumously Award ‘Man in the Red Bandana’ the Presidential Medal of Freedom

​President Trump will posthumously award 9/11 hero Welles Crowther, the “Man in the Red Bandana,” the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

NASCAR Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Dies at 41 After ‘Severe Illness’

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has died at the age of 41, after being hospitalized earlier this week with an undisclosed illness.

Federal Judge Dismisses Criminal Charges Against Kilmar Abrego Garcia

A federal judge in Tennessee dismissed criminal human smuggling charges pending against Kilmar Abrego Garcia on the grounds of vindictive prosecution.

Pentagon Releases Second Batch of UFO, UAP Files

The Department of War released its second batch of previously classified documents related to UFOs and UAPs to the public.

Trump’s Triumphal Arch Approved by Federal Commission

A commission has approved President Donald Trump’s triumphal arch just outside of Washington, a key step toward making the project a reality.

Trump Details Military Complex Above and Below New White House Ballroom

Trump says planned White House ballroom will be the “safest building ever built,” serving ceremonial and national security purposes.

Senate Confirms 49 Trump Nominees, Including Key Energy Officials

The Senate has confirmed 49 nominees selected by President Trump, including officials tapped to oversee federal land management and energy policy.

Trump Heading to China for High-Stakes Summit With Xi

President Trump is set to depart Washington for China, where he will meet with Chinese leader Xi Jinping for a high-stakes summit.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central