Trump: DOJ ‘Never’ Contacted His Team After Mar-a-Lago Raid

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

A court filing submitted by former President Donald Trump’s lawyers said the Department of Justice (DOJ) never contacted his lawyers after FBI agents took documents during last month’s raid on his Mar-a-Lago.

“Never has an argument against ‘interference’ better underscored the need for judicial involvement,” the filing, submitted Wednesday, said. “All of this in the context of a unilateral filter team operation that to-date has never made any contact with counsel for the Movant, another historic first for DOJ.

“Left unchecked, the DOJ will impugn, leak, and publicize selective aspects of their investigation with no recourse for Movant but to somehow trust the self-restraint of currently unchecked investigators,” his lawyers further argued (pdf).

That filing came about a day after the DOJ asserted in court that a special master—or a neutral third-party—isn’t needed for the review of allegedly classified materials that were taken from Trump’s residence. The DOJ filter team, prosecutors said, already carried out a preliminary evaluation of the documents.

“The government’s investigative team has already reviewed all of the remaining materials, including any that are potentially subject to claims of executive privilege,” the DOJ wrote.

Arguing against appointing the special master, the government added said it would impede its “ongoing criminal investigation and—if the special master were tasked with reviewing classified documents—would impede the Intelligence Community from conducting its ongoing review of the national security risk that improper storage of these highly sensitive materials may have caused and from identifying measures to rectify or mitigate any damage that improper storage caused.”

Controversial Photo

In that same filing, the DOJ included a photo of the allegedly classified documents—some of which appeared to be marked “TOP SECRET”—that were scattered on the floor of a Mar-a-Lago room.

On social media, Trump suggested that the picture appears to be staged and accused the FBI and DOJ of deception.

Donald Trump's post on Truth Social about FBI picture of Documents on the floor at Mar-A-Lago.

“There seems to be confusion as to the ‘picture’ where documents were sloppily thrown on the floor and then released photographically for the world to see, as if that’s what the FBI found when they broke into my home,” the former president wrote on Truth Social. “Wrong! They took them out of cartons and spread them around on the carpet, making it look like a big ‘find’ for them.”

Trump further asserted that his lawyers were denied access to view what the FBI agents were doing.

“They dropped them, not me – Very deceiving…And remember, we could have NO representative, including lawyers, present during the Raid. They were told to wait outside,” he added Wednesday.

By Jack Phillips

Read Original Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Louisiana Voters Reject Cassidy and His Costly Healthcare Policies

On Saturday, incumbent U.S. Senator Bill Cassidy (R-LA) finished in a distant third place in the Louisiana Republican primary with only 24% of the vote.

The Illusion of Ceasefire

Western diplomacy often views ceasefires as steps toward peace. Hybrid terrorist movements often use them to regroup, recover, reorganize, and strengthen for future conflict.

The Only 3 Facts You Need on Israel & Palestine to Stay Sane When Everyone Has Lost the Plot

The Only 3 Facts You Need on Israel & Palestine to Stay Sane When Everyone Has Lost the Plot

Mr. CIA COVID ‘Whistleblower’ Goes to Washington

The real question: How could an active CIA agent “blow the whistle” on the agency he works for all of his own volition?

South Korea Will Remain A Key Part Of The US’ Chinese Containment Plans

Trump-Xi optimism dimmed after a quieter U.S.-South Korea defense meeting in Washington raised doubts about easing Sino-US tensions.

US Charges Former Cuban Leader Raúl Castro With Murder Over 1996 Killing of Americans

Raúl Castro, the former Cuban president, has been indicted on murder charges in the United States, court records unsealed on May 20 show.

Slain Guard of San Diego Mosque Hailed a Hero as FBI Reveals Shooters Were ‘Radicalized’ Online

Security guard Amin Abdullah sacrificed his life to stop shooters from getting inside the classrooms,’ the center’s director said of the slain security guard.

Could Deep Blue California Elect a Republican Governor?

Gov. Newsom suggests Democrats have a ‘break-the-glass’ contingency plan to prevent Democrats from being ’locked out' of the governor’s race.

LA County’s Mental Health, Addiction Programs Could Provide a National Model, Says Kennedy

HHS Secretary RFK Jr. praised LA County’s “impressive” response to its deeply intertwined mental health, addiction, and homelessness crisis.

Trump Details Military Complex Above and Below New White House Ballroom

Trump says planned White House ballroom will be the “safest building ever built,” serving ceremonial and national security purposes.

Senate Confirms 49 Trump Nominees, Including Key Energy Officials

The Senate has confirmed 49 nominees selected by President Trump, including officials tapped to oversee federal land management and energy policy.

Trump Heading to China for High-Stakes Summit With Xi

President Trump is set to depart Washington for China, where he will meet with Chinese leader Xi Jinping for a high-stakes summit.

Tech, Business Leaders Set to Accompany Trump on China Trip

President Trump is bringing a delegation of business executives when he travels to China for a summit with Chinese Communist Party leader Xi Jinping.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central