Trump, Israel Say US Airstrike ‘Destroyed’ Crucial Nuclear Facility and Set Iran Back Years

Contact Your Elected Officials

The White House refuted a leaked report that stated Iran’s nuclear capabilities were not totally destroyed in the U.S. airstrike.

President Donald Trump announced that Israeli officials believe the U.S. airstrike targeting an Iranian nuclear site over the weekend has made it “totally inoperable” and set the regime back for years.

“The devastating U.S. strike on Fordow destroyed the site’s critical infrastructure and rendered the enrichment facility totally inoperable,” Trump told a NATO conference in the Netherlands, reading the statement from the Israeli Atomic Energy Commission

The agency assesses “that the American strikes on Iran’s nuclear facilities have set back Iran’s ability to develop nuclear weapons for many years to come.”

Over the weekend, U.S. B-2 stealth planes dropped bombs on several Iranian sites, including the partially buried Fordow site, before Trump announced that a cease-fire would commence between Israel and Iran after more than a week-long aerial conflict between the two nations.

This week, a preliminary report, issued by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA), was leaked to media outlets stating Iran’s nuclear capabilities were not totally destroyed in the U.S. airstrike, drawing pushback from Trump and other administration officials.

When asked about that DIA report on Wednesday, Trump disputed the assessment, saying. “All they can do is take a guess.”

“Now, if you take a look at the pictures … the whole area for 75 yards around the hole is black with fire,” Trump said, referring to the damage done during the strikes on Fordow. He also chided media outlets for reporting on the leak, saying that the pilots of the U.S. B-2 planes put their lives at risk to carry out the mission and that the report was discrediting those military members.

“It was obliteration, and you’ll see that,” Trump told reporters earlier in the day while attending the NATO summit in the Netherlands. He said the intelligence was “very inconclusive” and described media outlets as “scum” for reporting on it.

Trump has said in comments and posts on social media in recent days, including Tuesday, that the strike left the sites in Iran “totally destroyed” and that Iran will never rebuild its nuclear facilities.

The White House also rejected the DIA assessment, releasing an emailed statement on Wednesday to The Epoch Times indicating that Iran’s nuclear facilities “have been obliterated” and chided “fake news” reports.

That email also included a quote from Iran Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei saying that “our nuclear installations have been badly damaged, that’s for sure.”

By Jack Phillips

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Exposed: Dem Dark Money Influencer Machine

After 2024 defeat, Democrats, launched Chorus Creator Program, paying influencers up to $8K/month to push party talking points as “independent media.”

Cherished Unalienable Rights

In the USA, the “rights” of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are written endowments, supposedly, held sacred, and secured and protected by govt.

ANOTHER Private Bill Gates-Trump Meeting in the White House — Why?

The notion that Bill Gates concerns himself with “protecting Americans’ health” is so delusional that anyone buying that is too far gone to be saved.

Here’s What the US’ Security Guarantees For Ukraine Might Look Like

Western security guarantees for Ukraine are one of the main issues delaying a political resolution to the conflict. Russia launched its SMO primarily in response to NATO-emanating threats from Ukraine.

The Cost of Anger

I will not write much here. There are no words I can say. I only wish to remember those forgotten casualties, the unseen cost of the current antagonism in America.

Transportation Secretary Terminates Wind Projects Worth $679 Million

Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy withdrew or terminated 12 offshore wind projects across the country that are worth $679 million in funding.

Chicago Mayor Signs Order to Block Possible Troop Deployment

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson signs executive order for “immediate, drastic action” amid concerns over possible Trump admin military deployment.

Lawsuit Blames ChatGPT for California Teen’s Death

The parents of a California teenager who died by suicide have sued ChatGPT-maker OpenAI, alleging the AI chatbot played a direct role in their son’s death.

Appeals Court Rules Most of Trump’s Tariffs Are Illegal

The judges let the import taxes stay in place...

Appeals Court Rules Most of Trump’s Tariffs Are Illegal

The judges let the import taxes stay in place...

Trump Signs Executive Order ‘Making Federal Architecture Beautiful Again’

Trump signed an EO to “[Make] Federal Architecture Beautiful Again,” prioritizing classical and traditional styles in new federal govt. buildings.

Trump Admin Moves to Cut $4.9 Billion in Foreign Aid Funding

President Donald Trump on Aug. 28 moved to cancel $4.9 billion in appropriated funds for foreign aid spending.

Trump Admin Removes Secret Service Protection for Former VP Harris, Official Says

VP Harris' Secret Service protection was revoked. Former vice presidents generally get federal protection for six months after they leave office.
spot_img

Related Articles