Tucker Carlson Says One of His Children Was in the Capitol During Jan. 6 Breach

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

Fox News host Tucker Carlson said Thursday that one of his children was in the Capitol building during the Jan. 6 Capitol breach.

“Well, I hated what happened on Jan. 6, you know one of my kids was actually in the building when it had happened—I was on the phone in real-time,” the Fox News host said in response to a question from Steve Krakauer, the host of “The Fourth Watch Podcast” on Thursday. “Anyone who calls Jan. 6 an insurrection is a liar at this point,” Carlson also said.

While Carlson, 52, did not name which one of his children was in the building at the time, it’s likely that it was his son, Buckley Carlson, who works for Rep. Jim Banks (R-Ind.).

“I’m from Washington. I hate disorder … People got all wound up, I get it. Some of them misbehaved, I am not gonna defend that, but it has been used, like so many events throughout history, as a pretext for something else,” Carlson also said about the Jan. 6 incident during the podcast, which centered around “Patriot Purge,” a documentary of his that seeks to offer an alternative view of the events that occurred on Jan. 6.

Carlson then suggested that the mainstream narrative around the Capitol breach is hyperbolic.

“So they lie about what actually happened, they repeat the lie with maximum aggression, and over time, that lie solidifies into the common understanding of what happened,” he said.

As “Patriot Purge” aired last month, two longtime Fox News contributors, Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg, announced they would quit the television network. Some members of Congress, including Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.), also criticized the release of the documentary.

Carlson’s remarks come as the House committee—of which Cheney is a key member—issued subpoenas to six more people who allegedly helped organize some of the rallies that preceded the Jan. 6 breach during its investigation of the incident.

The committee’s chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), said that some allegedly worked to stage the events, and “some appeared to have had direct communication” with then-President Donald Trump. None of these individuals have been charged with any crimes.

Subpoenas were issued to Robert “Bobby” Peede Jr. and Max Miller, who the committee claimed met with Trump in his private dining room on Jan. 4, as well as Brian Jack, Trump’s political director at the time. Rally organizers Bryan Lewis, Ed Martin, and Kimberly Fletcher also received subpoenas, the committee said.

Miller, who is running for Congress in Ohio, responded to the subpoena by saying that when he takes office, “I will make sure one of my first votes is to disband this partisan committee that has weaponized its powers against innocent Americans.”

By Jack Phillips

Read Original Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

When Coincidence Ceases to Persuade

Democratic leaders, media, celebrities, and elites contributed to a climate where political violence against one side of America feels increasingly justified.

Alpha-Gal Syndrome Up 5,566% in Ten Years (+ When the CIA Carpet-Bombed Cuba With Weaponized Ticks)

Social media is flooded with reports and videos showing exploding tick populations and mysterious boxes of ticks left in farms and woods nationwide.

Ozempic, What Could Go Wrong?

Humanity often ignores clear warning signs when they conflict with comfort, convenience, vanity, or quick fixes.

Exposing the Hypocrats

Americans are beginning to notice that a large portion of modern politics has become less about serving the people and more about manipulating them.

Germany’s Military Patronage Of Ukraine Is A Crucial Part Of Its Grand Strategy

German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius announced during his recent visit to Kiev that their countries will jointly develop “deep strike” capabilities.

Trump to Posthumously Award ‘Man in the Red Bandana’ the Presidential Medal of Freedom

​President Trump will posthumously award 9/11 hero Welles Crowther, the “Man in the Red Bandana,” the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

NASCAR Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Dies at 41 After ‘Severe Illness’

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has died at the age of 41, after being hospitalized earlier this week with an undisclosed illness.

Federal Judge Dismisses Criminal Charges Against Kilmar Abrego Garcia

A federal judge in Tennessee dismissed criminal human smuggling charges pending against Kilmar Abrego Garcia on the grounds of vindictive prosecution.

Pentagon Releases Second Batch of UFO, UAP Files

The Department of War released its second batch of previously classified documents related to UFOs and UAPs to the public.

Trump’s Triumphal Arch Approved by Federal Commission

A commission has approved President Donald Trump’s triumphal arch just outside of Washington, a key step toward making the project a reality.

Trump Details Military Complex Above and Below New White House Ballroom

Trump says planned White House ballroom will be the “safest building ever built,” serving ceremonial and national security purposes.

Senate Confirms 49 Trump Nominees, Including Key Energy Officials

The Senate has confirmed 49 nominees selected by President Trump, including officials tapped to oversee federal land management and energy policy.

Trump Heading to China for High-Stakes Summit With Xi

President Trump is set to depart Washington for China, where he will meet with Chinese leader Xi Jinping for a high-stakes summit.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central