US Chamber of Commerce Sues Trump Over $100,000 H-1B Visa Fee

5Mind. The Meme Platform

The group said that the fee is tantamount to federal overreach.

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce filed a lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump’s $100,000 fee on new H-1B visas for foreign workers.

The business group said in its lawsuit that a proclamation issued by Trump in September to impose the fee on new H-1B visa applications is federal overreach and would disrupt the U.S. visa system.

The H-1B program allows U.S. employers to hire foreign workers in specialty fields, and technology companies in particular rely heavily on workers who receive H-1B visas. The program offers 65,000 visas annually, with another 20,000 visas for workers with advanced degrees, approved for three to six years.

The program’s critics, including members of the Trump administration, have said that H-1Bs and work visa programs are often used to replace American workers with cheaper foreign labor and that H-1Bs don’t necessarily bring in the most skilled individuals to fill positions.

However, business groups and major companies, including the Chamber of Commerce in its lawsuit, have said H-1Bs are a critical means of addressing a shortage of qualified American workers.

“The new $100,000 visa fee will make it cost-prohibitive for U.S. employers, especially start-ups and small and midsize businesses, to utilize the H-1B program, which was created by Congress expressly to ensure that American businesses of all sizes can access the global talent they need to grow their operations” inside the United States, Neil Bradley, a chief policy officer at the Chamber of Commerce, said in a statement.

Bradley added in his statement that to support U.S. economic growth, there needs to be “more workers, not fewer,” while praising the Trump administration for other immigration-related actions such as bolstering security at the U.S.–Mexico border.

The chamber also argued in its lawsuit that the $100,000 payment does not amount to an entry restriction because it is paid by businesses and not visa recipients.

Trump’s order bars new H-1B recipients from entering the United States unless the employer sponsoring their visa has made an additional $100,000 payment. The fee will first apply to H-1B applicants selected in an annual lottery that takes place in March.

By Jack Phillips

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

Were The Brits Behind Bloomberg’s Russian-US Leaks?

Bloomberg shared alleged call transcripts between Trump envoy Steve Witkoff and top Putin aides about discussions on the Ukrainian peace process.

Flipping the Script: When Democrats Project Their Own Instability 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the most erratic, inconsistent, and emotionally incontinent political figure in recent memory, isn’t tweeting from Mar-a-Lago.

This is Your Brain on Plastic, a Literature Review

Microplastics in the air, land and sea migrate into every organ where they burrow and from which they cannot feasibly be eliminated or degraded.

Irresolute Resolutions

"We need a government that lives within its means, focused on debt reduction, with strict limits on spending and baseline budgeting."

National Guard Shooting Suspect to Be Charged With First-Degree Murder, Pirro Says

Charges will be upgraded to first-degree murder after one of the two National Guard members shot this week died, the U.S. attorney said.

National Murder Rate Is ‘Lowest in Modern History’: FBI Director

FBI Director Kash Patel said Nov. 26 that homicide rates nationwide fell by double digits compared to last year.

Trump to Pause Immigration From ‘Third World Countries’

President Trump said he would “permanently pause migration from all Third World countries” and remove foreign nationals who are “incapable of loving” the US.

Cartels Are Scrambling as Fentanyl Precursor Supply From China Dries Up: FBI Director

Beijing halted fentanyl precursor exports, leaving cartels in Mexico, Venezuela, and Colombia scrambling for alternatives that don’t exist.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central