YouTube Bans All ‘Harmful Vaccine Content’ From Its Platform

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Logo

Google-owned YouTube said on Sept. 29 that it will ban all “harmful vaccine content” from its platform, including claims that vaccines are ineffective at reducing transmission of disease, prompting concerns that the firm will escalate censorship of dissenting viewpoints.

“We’ve steadily seen false claims about the coronavirus vaccines spill over into misinformation about vaccines in general, and we’re now at a point where it’s more important than ever to expand the work we started with COVID-19 to other vaccines,” YouTube wrote in a blog post.

So far, the Bay Area-based company said it has removed 130,000 videos for violating its policies that it claims were created in tandem with various “experts” to deal with alleged “COVID-19 and medical misinformation.”

Now it removes content that claims “approved vaccines are dangerous and cause chronic health effects, claims that vaccines do not reduce transmission or contraction of disease, or contains misinformation on the substances contained in vaccines,” YouTube stated on its blog, saying that its policy will now apply to content that questions the efficacy of all vaccines, not just those for COVID-19.

“These policy changes will go into effect today, and as with any significant update, it will take time for our systems to fully ramp up enforcement,” the company wrote. “Personal testimonials relating to vaccines will also be allowed, so long as the video doesn’t violate other Community Guidelines, or the channel doesn’t show a pattern of promoting vaccine hesitancy.”

A spokesperson for the company confirmed to news outlets that accounts operated by Joseph Mercola and Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who have frequently raised questions about vaccines over the years, were banned from the platform.

Russian state-backed broadcaster RT’s German-language channels were also deleted from YouTube, the broadcaster announced. YouTube told Reuters that the channels violated its COVID-19 policies, while Russian officials threatened to block YouTube.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s press secretary, Dmitry Peskov, said the YouTube ban on RT’s channel may have broken Russian law.

By Jack Phillips

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

When Coincidence Ceases to Persuade

“Have I no friend will rid me of this...

Alpha-Gal Syndrome Up 5,566% in Ten Years (+ When the CIA Carpet-Bombed Cuba With Weaponized Ticks)

Social media is flooded with reports and videos showing exploding tick populations and mysterious boxes of ticks left in farms and woods nationwide.

Ozempic, What Could Go Wrong?

Humanity often ignores clear warning signs when they conflict with comfort, convenience, vanity, or quick fixes.

Exposing the Hypocrats

Americans are beginning to notice that a large portion of modern politics has become less about serving the people and more about manipulating them.

Germany’s Military Patronage Of Ukraine Is A Crucial Part Of Its Grand Strategy

German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius announced during his recent visit to Kiev that their countries will jointly develop “deep strike” capabilities.

NASCAR Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Dies at 41 After ‘Severe Illness’

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has died at the age of 41, after being hospitalized earlier this week with an undisclosed illness.

CDC Warns Malaria Could Be Reintroduced in US

The CDC warned in a new report that malaria, a sometimes fatal blood parasitic disease, could be reestablished in the United States.

Minnesota Fraud Mastermind Sentenced to Nearly 42 Years in Prison

Aimee Bock, leader of Feeding Our Future, will spend 42 years in prison for playing a “central” role in the nation’s largest COVID-19 pandemic scam.

DOJ Charges 15 in $90 Million Minnesota Fraud Schemes

Criminal charges have been filed against 15 accused fraudsters in Minnesota, involving more than $90 million in taxpayers’ dollars, federal officials.

Trump’s Triumphal Arch Approved by Federal Commission

A commission has approved President Donald Trump’s triumphal arch just outside of Washington, a key step toward making the project a reality.

Trump Details Military Complex Above and Below New White House Ballroom

Trump says planned White House ballroom will be the “safest building ever built,” serving ceremonial and national security purposes.

Senate Confirms 49 Trump Nominees, Including Key Energy Officials

The Senate has confirmed 49 nominees selected by President Trump, including officials tapped to oversee federal land management and energy policy.

Trump Heading to China for High-Stakes Summit With Xi

President Trump is set to depart Washington for China, where he will meet with Chinese leader Xi Jinping for a high-stakes summit.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central