Here are just some of the unconstitutional, absurd, nakedly partisan, and crime-indulging provisions in this bill that 220 House Democrats voted for.
On Wednesday, House Democrats passed an 800-page bill that would mandate insecure voting processes and subject voting tallies to partisan manipulation. It’s a slap in the face to the half of Americans, including many Democrats, who believe the 2020 election was riddled with fraud and errors, largely due to the rapid expansion of mail-in balloting and other suspensions of state election laws.
“It is difficult to imagine a legislative proposal more threatening to election integrity and voter confidence,” write 20 Republican attorneys general in a Thursday letter about the ridiculously named For The People Act of 2021, or H.R. 1. Democrats have made the bill their top priority this Congress to permanently cement their current unified control of the federal government.
The bill “would (among other things) implement nationwide the worst changes in election rules that occurred during the 2020 election; go even further in eroding and eliminating basic security protocols that states have in place; and interfere with the ability of states and their citizens to determine the qualifications and eligibility of voters, ensure the accuracy of voter registration rolls, secure the fairness and integrity of elections, and participate and speak freely in the political process,” says a Heritage Foundation analysis.
H.R. 1 broadcasts Democrats’ goals for unending electoral dominance through openly rigged voting processes. It would engineer an unconstitutional federal takeover of state elections for national office. No surprise, then, that Joe Biden says he will sign this legislation if it reaches his desk.
Here are just some of the unconstitutional, absurd, nakedly partisan, and crime-assisting provisions in this bill that 220 House Democrats voted for and every House Republican voted against.
1. Openly Breaks the Constitution
2. Set Up Star Chambers to Intimidate Judges
3. Mandate Mail-in Ballots, 10-Day Delay in Results
4. Eliminate Voter ID Election Security
5. Register Millions Of Criminally Present Foreign Citizens to Vote
6. Explode Opportunities for Election Cheating
7. Prevent Cleaning Up Voter Rolls
8. Unleash Mobs on Political Donors
9. Gerrymander Districts to Favor Democrats
10. Make Vote Hacking Easier
11. Let Former Felons Vote Before They’ve Completed Their Sentences
12. Help 16- and 17-Year-Olds Vote Illegally
13. Bans Keeping the Records Necessary for an Election Audit or Recount
14. Mandates Ballot Drop Boxes
15. Giving U.S. Territories Extra Democrat Seats in Congress and the Electoral College
By Joy Pullmann