Americans for Tax Reform (ATR) opposes all tax increases as a matter of principle.
Americans for Tax Reform believes in a system in which taxes are simpler, flatter, more visible, and lower than they are today. The government’s power to control one’s life derives from its power to tax. We believe that power should be minimized.
ATR was founded in 1985 by Grover Norquist at the request of President Reagan.
- IRS Cuts in Debt Ceiling Bill: “Defeat for the IRS”; “Throws a wrench into IRS overhaul”; “Political win for Republicans”
- 11 Conservative Wins in the Fiscal Responsibility Act
- Oklahoma Gets Another Conservative Win on Criminal Justice
- Measure to Require 60% Approval for Constitutional Amendments Heads to August Ballot
- IRS Opened Taibbi Case on Christmas Eve; Agency Sought Voter Registration and Concealed Carry Permit Status
- ATR Op-Ed in the Washington Examiner: “Biden administration’s banking reforms would empower government, not citizens”
- Narrowly Elected Chicago Mayor Pushes Catastrophic Tax Plan
- United States Falls Behind on Trade Barrier Index
- Crucial Amendments to House Appropriations Bill Would Delay FDA’s Reckless Nicotine Prohibitions
- Tax Cuts, Paycheck Protection, Tort Reform Headline Florida Session Packed with Taxpayer Wins
- Texas House Passes Amended Version of Senate Property Tax Relief Bill
- No Half Measures, Congress Must Fully Restore Original 1099-K Thresholds
- Treasury Greenlights IRS Tax Prep Service Only *After* IRS Caught Secretly Building One
- Virginia Democrats Stall Tax Cuts Despite Optimistic Revenue Projections
- IRS Chief Werfel Misled Congress on “Direct File”