Brazil’s Telecom Regulator Warns Starlink Its License Could Be Revoked

5Mind. The Meme Platform

The country’s regulator notified Starlink of potential sanctions, including possible license revocation, for refusing to block X.

Brazil’s telecommunications regulator Anatel warned Elon Musk’s Starlink of possible sanctions, including a revocation of the satellite internet provider’s operating license, if satellite internet provider refuses to block the X social media platform.

A spokesperson for Anatel told The Epoch Times in an emailed statement on Sept. 2 that Starlink had indicated its intention to refuse to comply with an order from the Supreme Court of Brazil to shut down X in the country.

The spokesperson added that Anatel had told all telecoms operators in Brazil that they must comply with the order to block access to X and that the regulator is in the process of verifying compliance with the requirement by more than 20,000 companies, including Starlink.

The regulator notified providers on Aug. 31 that they have five days to comply with the shutdown order, the spokesperson said, adding that possible sanctions for non-compliance including a warning, temporary suspension, or revocation of operating license.

The Anatel spokesperson added that Starlink had not formally communicated to Anatel its intention to buck the ban, declaring its intention to do so “informally” to Carlos Baigorri, who serves as president of the Anatel board of directors.

Meanwhile, another senior Anatel official, Artur Coimbra, told Reuters on Sept. 2 that Starlink is currently the only operator refusing to block access to X for Brazil’s 20 million or so users.

Starlink, which said on Aug. 29 that its assets had been frozen in Brazil, reportedly told Coimbra that it would not comply with the order to shut down X until the asset freeze is lifted.

A request for comment on the possible sanctions, sent to SpaceX, which operates Starlink, was not immediately returned.

The warning issued by the Brazilian telecoms regulator marks the latest salvo in a long-running dispute between Brazilian officials and X owner Elon Musk, who has refused to comply with court orders to block accounts accused by investigators of spreading hate and misinformation. Both Musk and X’s global government affairs team have denounced these orders as unlawful attempts at censorship.

By Tom Ozimek

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.
00:02:22

Young Washington: Movie Review

Sitting in the theater watching Young Washington, I found myself wondering why this story hadn’t been made into a film sooner.
00:02:08

A Movie That’ll Keep You Awake: A Great Awakening

So how does someone (me) who thinks they’ve just seen the greatest movie ever (A Great Awakening), persuade you to watch it?

Ring That Bell

If I could travel back in time to 1776,...

Thoughts On America 250

Before you, American reader, is the honor, blessing, and privilege of celebrating the 250th anniversary of our nation. A nation toward which God has been merciful, shining His great grace.
00:01:39

Citizen Vigilante Delivers the Warning Western Governments Desperately Need to Hear

Citizen Vigilante shows what happens when the state stops defending the native population and shields favored migrant groups while criminalizing native dissent.

Prosecutors in Charlie Kirk Slaying Case Say Evidence Supports Death Penalty

Prosecutors urged a Utah judge to uphold all charges, including a potential death sentence, in the case against Charlie Kirk’s accused killer.
00:02:36

China Used Sex, Donations, Planted Interns to Influence US Political System: Declassified Docs 

Newly released FBI files describe Christine Fang’s CCP intelligence ties, efforts to recruit her as a double agent, and her influence of a U.S. congressman.
00:01:00

Supreme Court Denies Rehearing in $5 Million Abuse Verdict Against Trump

U.S. Supreme Court denied Trump’s request to rehear an appeal related to judgment against him for alleged sexual abuse and defamation in E. Jean Carroll case.

Top FDA Official Urged Fauci, NIH Head to Study Problems After COVID-19 Vaccination

A top FDA official told counterparts at the NIH that they should study health issues that arose in some people after receiving COVID-19 vaccines, according emails..
00:01:47

Trump Says He’ll Declare the Hormuz Strait a US Territory ‘Pretty Soon’

President Trump announced his intention to declare the Strait of Hormuz a U.S. territory, introducing a new position regarding the vital waterway.

Trade Court Upholds Trump’s Shutdown of $800 De Minimis Duty Exemption

U.S. Court upheld Trump admin’s authority to end the de minimis exemption allowing Americans to avoid paying duty on packages worth $800 or less.
00:07:02

Trump Orders Navy to Replace Newer Fighter Launch System With Older Steam Catapults

President Trump ordered the Navy to return to using steam catapults to launch fighter jets from aircraft carriers instead of using the newer electromagnetic catapult system.
00:05:10

China Behind ‘Great Transshipment Scam’ Costing Billions of Dollars, White House Says

A report stated that China systematically evaded U.S. tariffs and other trade measures by routing goods through third-party countries.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central