Mike Waltz: Trump Team Is Confident About Keeping TikTok While Protecting Americans

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

The incoming national security adviser said Trump’s looking for a deal that would save the app and ‘protect Americans’ data and protect them from influence.’

The incoming administration is confident it can keep TikTok running in the United States while protecting America’s national security, according to Mike Waltz, President-elect Donald Trump’s appointee for national security adviser.

Waltz said in an interview with CNN on Sunday that options to get the social media app back online range from “an outright sale” to “some mechanism of firewalls to make sure that the data is protected here on U.S. soil.”

TikTok’s fate in the United States is hanging in the balance since a ban on the app came into effect on Sunday, the day before the inauguration of Trump, who previously tried to ban the app but is now trying to save it.

Under the Protecting Americans from Foreign Adversary Controlled Applications Act, TikTok has been banned in the United States because its ultimate owner, ByteDance Ltd., is subject to the control of the Chinese communist regime, a foreign adversary of the United States, and has not divested from California-based TikTok Inc. before the deadline.

TikTok and some of its users have tried to challenge the law, arguing it violates the First Amendment. The U.S. Supreme Court upheld the law on Friday.

The ban did not violate the petitioners’ First Amendment rights because while the app “offers a distinctive and expansive outlet for expression, means of engagement, and source of community, Congress has determined that divestiture is necessary to address its well-supported national security concerns regarding TikTok’s data collection practices and relationship with a foreign adversary,” the judgment states.

The Biden administration has said it’s up to the incoming Trump administration to implement the law, and it did not clarify whether it’s enforcing the law on Sunday.

TikTok has gone dark as of Sunday. Google and Apple also removed the app from their app stores in accordance with the law.

Trump said in a post on Truth Social that he will issue an executive order on Monday to delay the ban, asking “companies not to let TikTok stay dark.”

By Lily Zhou

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

‘Social Infertility’: Where Biomedical Profiteering Intersects Social Justice™

“The global surrogacy* market was estimated at USD 22.4 billion...

Were The Brits Behind Bloomberg’s Russian-US Leaks?

Bloomberg shared alleged call transcripts between Trump envoy Steve Witkoff and top Putin aides about discussions on the Ukrainian peace process.

Flipping the Script: When Democrats Project Their Own Instability 

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, the most erratic, inconsistent, and emotionally incontinent political figure in recent memory, isn’t tweeting from Mar-a-Lago.

This is Your Brain on Plastic, a Literature Review

Microplastics in the air, land and sea migrate into every organ where they burrow and from which they cannot feasibly be eliminated or degraded.

Irresolute Resolutions

"We need a government that lives within its means, focused on debt reduction, with strict limits on spending and baseline budgeting."

Afghan Parolee Charged With Terroristic Threat

The case, in addition to a recent shooting of...

National Guard Shooting Suspect to Be Charged With First-Degree Murder, Pirro Says

Charges will be upgraded to first-degree murder after one of the two National Guard members shot this week died, the U.S. attorney said.

National Murder Rate Is ‘Lowest in Modern History’: FBI Director

FBI Director Kash Patel said Nov. 26 that homicide rates nationwide fell by double digits compared to last year.

Trump Says He Will Pardon Ex-Honduran President Convicted by Jury in US Drug Case

President Trump grants a full pardon to ex-Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernandez, who is serving 45 years in the U.S. for drug and firearms convictions.

Trump Says He Is Canceling All Biden Executive Orders Signed With Autopen

President Trump announced he is revoking executive orders and other presidential actions previously signed by former President Joe Biden using an autopen.

Trump Says US May Cut Income Tax Completely in Next Couple of Years Due to Tariff Income

Trump said the U.S. could end income taxes within a few years, citing tariff revenue as the reason such a shift might be possible.

USCIS Stops Processing All Afghan Immigration Requests After DC National Guard Shooting

USCIS has stopped processing all immigration requests relating to Afghan nationals indefinitely pending further review of security and vetting protocols,
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central