Milley Admits He Told Chinese General the United States Was Not Going to Attack China

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Logo

The highest-ranking U.S. military officer admitted on Tuesday that he told a Chinese general last year that the United States was not going to attack China.

Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a congressional panel that he was certain in October 2020 that then-President Donald Trump “did not intend to attack the Chinese.”

Milley said then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper directed him to convey that intent to Gen. Li Zuocheng of the People’s Liberation Army. Intelligence indicated that the Chinese Communist Party was concerned about such an attack, according to a declassified memorandum on the calls.

“My task at that time was to deescalate. My message, again, was consistent: ‘Stay calm, steady and deescalate. We are not going to attack you,’” Milley said.

That call and another made on Jan. 8 of this year were coordinated with Esper, his successor Christopher Miller, and other U.S. officials, according to Milley.

The latter conversation came after the Chinese requested another call take place.

Eight U.S. officials were on the October 2020 call and 11 officials were on the January call, according to Milley.

Esper has not commented on the calls, which Republicans in Congress say should be probed by current Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin. But Miller, who briefly led the Pentagon, said previously that he did not authorize the call.

Miller said that if reports about the call were true, “it represents a disgraceful and unprecedented act of insubordination by the Nation’s top military officer.”

During Tuesday’s hearing, Milley also addressed a call that he shared with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) later on Jan. 8.

Pelosi wanted to know about Trump’s ability to launch nuclear weapons and expressed various concerns. After the call, she said she spoke to Milley “to discuss available precautions for preventing an unstable president from initiating military hostilities or accessing the launch codes and ordering a nuclear strike.”

Milley said he sought to assure Pelosi “that nuclear launch is governed by a very specific and deliberate process.”

Milley explained that the president “is the sole nuclear launch authority and he doesn’t launch them alone and that I am not qualified to determine the mental health of the president of the United States.”

“At no time was I attempting to change or influence the process, usurp the authority, or insert myself into the chain of command,” Milley said.

He said that his loyalty to the United States has not changed and “will never change as long as I have a breath to give.”

By Zachary Stieber

Read Original Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

The Poisoning of the Mind: How Public Education Stopped Educating

The most disturbing part of our failing educational system is how few care. Failing to educate children is failing the present and abandoning the future.

“Despite” the Truth

Despite signals media skepticism—like “bless his heart”—subtly masking criticism of Trump’s policies and their real-world impact.

Project Anchor 8/12/2026 Gravity Stops for 7 Seconds

Viral story claims a shadowy “Project Anchor” government operation exists above top secret classification, fueling online speculation and intrigue.

Rubio’s Munich Speech Detailed Trump 2.0’s Envisaged New World Order

Sec. of State & Nat’l Security Adv., Marco Rubio, delivered a historic speech at the Munich Security Conference on Trump 2.0’s world order.

Federalism Isn’t a Relic — It’s America’s Political Shock Absorber

The resistance movement in Minneapolis is a glimpse of future conflict over the expansion of federal power, federalism, and the essential role of states.

FBI Director Kash Patel Says Bureau Uncovered Antifa Funding Sources

FBI Director Kash Patel said on Feb. 18 that the law enforcement agency uncovered what he said are funding sources tied to antifa organizations.

FBI Confirms It Received Thousands of Tips in Nancy Guthrie Case

The FBI received thousands of tips related to the disappearance of “Today” show anchor Savannah Guthrie’s mother as case nears its third week.

Executives Sentenced to 20 Years for $233 Million Obamacare Fraud

The president of an insurance brokerage and a marketing CEO were sentenced to 20 years for a long-running scheme defrauding the ACA program.

Billionaire Wexner Says He Went to Epstein’s Island, Didn’t Know of Crimes

Billionaire Leslie Wexner told lawmakers that he traveled to the island owned by the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein but did not know of Epstein’s crimes.

Trump Signs Order Declaring Glyphosate Production as Critical to National Security

Trump signed an executive order declaring the U.S. glyphosate supply, a controversial herbicide, critical to national and food security key efforts.

Trump Admin Looks to Release 2.5 Million Acres of Timberland in Oregon

The Trump admin is moving ahead with its plan to possibly release 2.5 million acres of some of the world’s most productive timberland in western Oregon.

Trump to Host Representatives From More Than 40 Countries in First Board of Peace Meeting

President Trump’s Board of Peace meets in Washington with nearly 50 nations and the EU to coordinate efforts to rebuild the Gaza Strip.

Vance Says Iran Is Ignoring US Red Lines in Talks, Military Option Still on Table

U.S. VP JD Vance said in Geneva talks that Iran is ignoring Washington’s red lines, especially regarding its nuclear program.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central