Trump Hit With 3 More Charges in Documents Case, 3rd Defendant Added

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

The U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has issued an updated indictment, adding new charges and a third defendant to the classified documents case against former President Donald Trump.

On July 27, a grand jury in the Southern District of Florida issued a superseding indictment, which tacks on more charges against Mr. Trump and his aide, Walt Nauta, while also charging another employee of Mr. Trump with three offenses.

The former president was charged with an additional count of willful retention of national defense information, the indictment (pdf) says. All three defendants are also charged with two new obstruction counts arising from allegations that they attempted to delete Mar-a-Lago video surveillance footage.

The indictment alleges that Trump asked for the footage to be deleted after federal investigators visited the property in June 2022 to collect classified documents that he took with him after leaving the White House a year earlier. Law enforcement officials then issued a subpoena for surveillance footage from areas near a storage room and other areas at Mar-a-Lago after noticing the cameras while they were there.

The indictment quotes a Mar-a-Lago property manager, Carlos De Oliveira, telling a colleague that the “boss” wanted a server hosting the footage to be deleted. It says Mr. De Oliveira went to the IT office last June, took an employee to a small room known as the “audio closet” and asked the person how many days the server retained footage.

When the employee said he didn’t think he was able to delete footage, Mr. De Oliveira replied that the “boss” wanted it done, saying, “What are we going to do?” the indictment states.

Mr. De Oliveira, 56, of Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, was added as a defendant in the indictment. He was also charged with making false statements and representations during a voluntary interview with the FBI on Jan. 13. He has been summoned to appear at a federal courthouse in Miami at 10:30 a.m. on July 31.

By Janice Hisle

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Ozempic, What Could Go Wrong?

Humanity often ignores clear warning signs when they conflict with comfort, convenience, vanity, or quick fixes.

Exposing the Hypocrats

Americans are beginning to notice that a large portion of modern politics has become less about serving the people and more about manipulating them.

Germany’s Military Patronage Of Ukraine Is A Crucial Part Of Its Grand Strategy

German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius announced during his recent visit to Kiev that their countries will jointly develop “deep strike” capabilities.

The Constitution Only Works When Congress Works

The Constitution only works when Congress acts as it intends. It cannot work if Congress fails to defend its own institution and the separation of powers.

WATCH What Muslim Men Do To Western Women In The Netherlands – This Will SHOCK You!

Western Europe faces growing political and social division, with critics blaming both left-wing and centrist leadership for ongoing decline.

NASCAR Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Dies at 41 After ‘Severe Illness’

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has died at the age of 41, after being hospitalized earlier this week with an undisclosed illness.

CDC Warns Malaria Could Be Reintroduced in US

The CDC warned in a new report that malaria, a sometimes fatal blood parasitic disease, could be reestablished in the United States.

Minnesota Fraud Mastermind Sentenced to Nearly 42 Years in Prison

Aimee Bock, leader of Feeding Our Future, will spend 42 years in prison for playing a “central” role in the nation’s largest COVID-19 pandemic scam.

DOJ Charges 15 in $90 Million Minnesota Fraud Schemes

Criminal charges have been filed against 15 accused fraudsters in Minnesota, involving more than $90 million in taxpayers’ dollars, federal officials.

Trump’s Triumphal Arch Approved by Federal Commission

A commission has approved President Donald Trump’s triumphal arch just outside of Washington, a key step toward making the project a reality.

Trump Details Military Complex Above and Below New White House Ballroom

Trump says planned White House ballroom will be the “safest building ever built,” serving ceremonial and national security purposes.

Senate Confirms 49 Trump Nominees, Including Key Energy Officials

The Senate has confirmed 49 nominees selected by President Trump, including officials tapped to oversee federal land management and energy policy.

Trump Heading to China for High-Stakes Summit With Xi

President Trump is set to depart Washington for China, where he will meet with Chinese leader Xi Jinping for a high-stakes summit.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central