Twitter Files: Tucker Carlson Op-ed About COVID Vaccines for Children Targeted as ‘Misinformation’

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times Header

The vaccine recommendation came directly from the WHO website

Tucker Carlson returned to Twitter following the announcement he and Fox News had parted ways—his first comment made in a video had already garnered nearly 22 million views in two days.

Emails found in the “Twitter Files” show the same platform, under the previous leadership, worked to label information Carlson published in an opinion article, which was taken directly from the World Health Organization’s website—and subsequently edited out—as “COVID misinformation.”

They decided not to mark the Fox News URL as unsafe, given “political risks.” Instead, they labeled “any tweets linking the article” as possible COVID-19 misinformation.

‘Misleading Information Policy’

An email from Elizabeth Busby, a former Twitter communications staff member, to her “team” questioned whether the op-ed violated Twitter’s “COVID-19 misleading information policy” and qualified for “enforcement.”

The op-ed was published on June 23, 2021, and stated the WHO’s partnership with big tech companies “continued smoothly until just a few days ago. That’s when bureaucrats at the WHO published new vaccine guidance. Here’s what it says: children should not take the coronavirus vaccine. Why? The drugs are too dangerous,” Carlson wrote.

An internet archive of the WHO web page does show the WHO stated “Children should not be vaccinated for the moment” as of June 22, 2021. WHO officials added in their recommendations “There is not yet enough evidence on the use of vaccines against COVID-19 in children to make recommendations for children to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Children and adolescents tend to have milder disease compared to adults.”

The internet archive of the same webpage for June 23 did not include that language. Instead, it said it was “less urgent” to vaccinate children unless they were part of a higher risk group and that they concluded “the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine” was suitable for age 12 and up.

Twitter’s Qualms

The remainder of the first email by Busby included a note that in the past the company had included misinformation labels and measures before a user clicked on a link if the content would “otherwise violate” Twitter policies if the “content were posted directly on Twitter.”

By Chase Smith

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

The Clinton-Epstein Connection We Did Not Know

One attorney's inside info about D.C. and the relationship the Clinton’s had with the late child sex pedophile Jeffrey Epstein

Faith under fire

Over half of history’s 70M Christian martyrs were killed in the 20th century, amid totalitarian regimes, purges, and ethnic violence.

Exposed: Dem Dark Money Influencer Machine

After 2024 defeat, Democrats, launched Chorus Creator Program, paying influencers up to $8K/month to push party talking points as “independent media.”

Cherished Unalienable Rights

In the USA, the “rights” of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are written endowments, supposedly, held sacred, and secured and protected by govt.

ANOTHER Private Bill Gates-Trump Meeting in the White House — Why?

The notion that Bill Gates concerns himself with “protecting Americans’ health” is so delusional that anyone buying that is too far gone to be saved.

Transportation Secretary Terminates Wind Projects Worth $679 Million

Transportation Secretary Sean Duffy withdrew or terminated 12 offshore wind projects across the country that are worth $679 million in funding.

Chicago Mayor Signs Order to Block Possible Troop Deployment

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson signs executive order for “immediate, drastic action” amid concerns over possible Trump admin military deployment.

Lawsuit Blames ChatGPT for California Teen’s Death

The parents of a California teenager who died by suicide have sued ChatGPT-maker OpenAI, alleging the AI chatbot played a direct role in their son’s death.

Appeals Court Rules Most of Trump’s Tariffs Are Illegal

The judges let the import taxes stay in place...

Trump Says He Will Issue Executive Order to Require Voter ID

“Voter I.D. Must Be Part of Every Single Vote. No exceptions!” Trump wrote on a post on Truth Social. “I Will Be Doing An Executive Order To That End!!!”

Appeals Court Rules Most of Trump’s Tariffs Are Illegal

The judges let the import taxes stay in place...

Trump Signs Executive Order ‘Making Federal Architecture Beautiful Again’

Trump signed an EO to “[Make] Federal Architecture Beautiful Again,” prioritizing classical and traditional styles in new federal govt. buildings.

Trump Admin Moves to Cut $4.9 Billion in Foreign Aid Funding

President Donald Trump on Aug. 28 moved to cancel $4.9 billion in appropriated funds for foreign aid spending.
spot_img

Related Articles