Empower Oversight Whistleblowers & Research (EMPOWR) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan educational organization dedicated to enhancing independent oversight of government and corporate wrongdoing. EMPOWR works to help insiders document and report corruption to the proper authorities while also seeking to hold authorities accountable to act on those reports.
In our Constitutional republic, power resides with the people—exercised through their elected representatives. To act as an effective check on unelected bureaucrats and corporate elites, the people and their representatives need to know the facts.
With decades of experience conducting congressional investigations that exposed major scandals and experts who wrote the laws on modern-day whistleblower protections, EMPOWR is well-positioned to combat waste, fraud, and abuse both inside and outside government. Under the leadership of Jason Foster—with 22 years of Capitol Hill experience, including 14 years as counsel to the “patron saint of whistleblowers” U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)—the team at Empower Oversight can tap into a wide network of allies to help apply pressure and demand answers on behalf of those who report wrongdoing.
What We Do
- Solicit disclosures of waste, fraud, abuse, misconduct, and mismanagement.
- Work to corroborate claims through deep, independent research.
- Help insiders safely and legally inform authorities, the media, and the public.
- Educate whistleblowers, journalists, Members of Congress, inspectors general, and other official institutions charged with strengthening public integrity.
- Advocate for more effective oversight and whistleblower-driven investigations.
The team at Empower Oversight has seen firsthand how transparency provides a vital check on unfettered power. We are committed to finding the facts so that Americans can confront abuses of authority.
- Just the News: Is FBI using security clearances to muzzle critics? Whistleblower’s lawyer says yes
- The Epoch Times: FBI Whistleblower Comes Forward, Says Bureau Violating Policies In Jan. 6 Investigation
- Jason Foster Discusses the FBI Whistleblower Steve Friend with Just The News
- Empower Oversight Helps FBI Whistleblower Battle Retaliatory Suspension for Protected Disclosures
- VA Allegedly Limited FOIA Searches to Email but Also Uses a Separate Message System
- Judge Rejects NIH Bid to Hide Chinese Researcher’s Name, Orders Redactions Lifted in Empower Oversight COVID Data Deletion Suit
- Real Clear Investigations: The ‘Freedom of Information’ Bureaucrats Have Our Number: Catch-22
- SEC Lifts Unspecified Redactions on Nearly 1,500 Pages of Crypto Conflict Documents
- SEC Seeks Early Win In FOIA Fight Over Crypto Conflict Docs
- The FBI Should Apologize For Its Crooked Past And Focus On Accountability For The Future
- Breitbart: Questions Mount over Alleged SEC Conflicts of Interest in Ripple Crypto Case
- Washington Times: Presidential records found right in Clinton’s drawer
- Just the News: Watchdog probes allegation FBI ignored evidence during pursuit of ‘Whitey’ Bulger
- El American: A Judge Has Ordered NIH To Turn Over Unredacted Docs Showing Why It Deleted Covid-19 Data At Behest Of Chinese Researchers