- Hillary Clinton said in a video released on Twitter that ‘right-wing extremists already have a plan to literally steal the next presidential election’
- Two-minute clip promoted progressive Indivisible Guide’s Crush the Coup, which focuses on local elections in swing states
- Claims that turning local legislatures blue, it will stop the conservative Supreme Court from allowing them to challenge election results in their states
- ‘The right-wing controlled Supreme Court may be poised to rule on giving state legislatures… the power to overturn presidential elections,’ Clinton said
- Crush the Coup is focused on winning 29 local seats in six swing states – Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin
The two-minute clip urged Americans to look past the 2022 midterms and turn out to vote in their local election, because she claims the conservative majority U.S. Supreme Court might give state legislatures the power to overturn results.
‘Right-wing extremists already have a plan to literally steal the next presidential election – and they’re not making a secret of it,’ Clinton alleged.
The failed 2016 Democratic presidential candidate did not provide any proof of these plans or examples of Republicans conspiring to ‘steal’ the 2024 election.
The video was put out on Twitter by the progressive group Indivisible Guide, which is running an initiative aimed at promoting progressive candidates in local state races on a website called Crush the Coup.
While the group says Democrats winning the midterms is ‘critical’, it also says they need to be focused on the larger issues of ‘fighting MAGA Republicans at the state level.’
Crush the Coup’s website homepage reads in huge capital lettering: ‘MAGA has a plan to steal the election in 2024. We have to stop them, today.’
It further claims that Democrats need to focus on winning 29 local seats in six swing states – Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.