Iran Signals Talks Remain Alive After Trump Brokers New Israel–Hezbollah Ceasefire

5Mind. The Meme Platform

A report from Iran’s official state media suggests that the negotiations remain intact but that their fate depends on Israeli military actions in Lebanon.

Iran signaled on June 2 that indirect negotiations with the United States remain on track—but that their fate hangs in a delicate balance—after U.S. President Donald Trump announced he had helped secure a renewed ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah, easing tensions that Tehran had warned could throw diplomacy into limbo.

The clarification came after conflicting reports emerged over the status of U.S.–Iran talks following a flare-up in fighting between Israel and the Iran-backed Hezbollah terrorist group in Lebanon.

Iran’s semi-official Tasnim News Agency, which is closely affiliated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), reported on June 1 that Tehran had suspended indirect contacts with Washington, including exchanges of messages through mediators, in response to Israeli military operations in Lebanon.

Iran’s official state news agency, IRNA, on June 2 portrayed the issue differently, reporting that Iran had threatened to suspend message exchanges with the United States unless Israeli attacks in Lebanon stopped, rather than confirming that negotiations had already been halted.

Similarly, the speaker of Iran’s parliament, Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf, also signaled on June 2 that U.S.–Iran talks were continuing—while warning they are in danger of collapsing.

Qalibaf said in a post on X that if Israeli forces continue to strike targets in Lebanon, Iran “will not only halt the path of negotiations, but we will also be in direct confrontation with the enemy,” signaling a possibility of renewed fighting.

The June 2 clarification from IRNA, following the June 1 Tasnim report, suggests Tehran may have used the prospect of freezing talks as leverage to pressure Washington to restrain Israel while leaving the diplomatic channel intact.

Trump Intervenes as Fighting Escalates

The conflicting reports over the talks came amid one of the most significant challenges to the fragile ceasefire.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Israel Katz said on June 1 that they had ordered strikes on Hezbollah targets in Beirut’s southern suburbs, saying the attacks were a response to repeated Hezbollah violations of the ceasefire and attacks on Israeli cities and civilians.

Hezbollah fired rockets toward northern Israel, including areas near Haifa. Amid the escalation, Iranian officials said that continued Israeli military operations in Lebanon amounted to a ceasefire violation, hinting that further Israeli attacks could derail diplomacy.

During a morning press briefing hours before the Tansim report was released, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Esmail Baghaei said that Israel’s actions in Lebanon were calculated to “destroy any possibility … that diplomatic processes might somehow lead to an improvement in the situation.”

Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said in a June 1 post on X that the ceasefire between Iran and the United States “is considered, without any ambiguity, a comprehensive ceasefire on all fronts, including Lebanon.”

“Any violation of this ceasefire on any front is considered a violation of it on all fronts,” Araghchi said, adding that the United States and Israel would bear responsibility for any consequences resulting from truce violations.

As reports spread that Iran had either broken off the talks or threatened to do so, Trump moved quickly to de-escalate the crisis.

The U.S. president said in a June 1 post on Truth Social that he held a “very productive” call with Netanyahu and that there would be no Israeli troop movement into Beirut. Trump also said that, through intermediaries, Hezbollah had agreed that “all shooting will stop.”

“Israel will not attack them, and they will not attack Israel,” Trump wrote.

In a separate post, Trump said negotiations with Tehran were continuing “at a rapid pace.”

By Tom Ozimek

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.
00:02:22

Young Washington: Movie Review

Sitting in the theater watching Young Washington, I found myself wondering why this story hadn’t been made into a film sooner.
00:02:08

A Movie That’ll Keep You Awake: A Great Awakening

So how does someone (me) who thinks they’ve just seen the greatest movie ever (A Great Awakening), persuade you to watch it?

Ring That Bell

If I could travel back in time to 1776,...

Thoughts On America 250

Before you, American reader, is the honor, blessing, and privilege of celebrating the 250th anniversary of our nation. A nation toward which God has been merciful, shining His great grace.
00:01:39

Citizen Vigilante Delivers the Warning Western Governments Desperately Need to Hear

Citizen Vigilante shows what happens when the state stops defending the native population and shields favored migrant groups while criminalizing native dissent.
00:02:45

Trump to Ease Ground Beef Import Quotas for 90 Days

President Trump will allow up to 300,000 metric tons of ground beef to be imported with no out-of-quota tariff for 90 days to reduce beef prices for Americans.

US State Bill May Criminalize Prayers Outside Abortion Centers: Pro-Life Organization

New Jersey Gov. Mikie Sherrill signed legislation on Thursday that can potentially criminalize conducting prayers outside abortion centers.
00:02:14

8 Killed After Charter Plane Crashes in Western Alaska: US Military

The U.S. military said on Aug. 20 that eight people were killed when a charter plane crashed at a remote military radar site in western Alaska.

Trump Tells Michael Cohen ‘They Weaponized You’ in Radio Interview, Praises His Recanting

President Donald Trump appeared on Michael Cohen’s radio show and commended his former attorney for recanting his previous statements.
00:05:01

US Imposes 50 Percent Tariffs on Some Canadian Goods After Last-Minute Trade Talks Collapse

U.S. Trade Representative Jamieson Greer said that new tariffs on Canadian imports will take effect as the two nations have failed to reach a trade deal.
00:20:06

First Lady Unveils Racing Collaboration, $2 Million in ‘Fostering the Future’ Scholarships 

First Lady Melania Trump at the White House announce $2 million in scholarships for foster youth, expanding her Fostering the Future initiative.
00:01:31

Trump Announces Pause on 50 Percent Tariff as US, Canada Reach Last-Minute Deal

President Trump announced he would delay an additional 50 percent tariff on certain Canadian goods following last-minute talks between the two countries.
00:01:47

Trump Says He’ll Declare the Hormuz Strait a US Territory ‘Pretty Soon’

President Trump announced his intention to declare the Strait of Hormuz a U.S. territory, introducing a new position regarding the vital waterway.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central