Israel Cuts Off Gaza Supplies After Hamas Refuses to Accept Cease-Fire Framework

5Mind. The Meme Platform
The Epoch Times Header

The terror group continues to hold an estimated 25 Israeli hostages.

Israel has stopped the entry of goods and supplies into the Gaza Strip after the Hamas terrorist group rejected a cease-fire framework proposed by the country.

On Jan. 19, a six-week cease-fire began between Israel and Hamas under which the terror group released 25 hostages and eight bodies. In exchange, Israel released almost 2,000 Palestinian prisoners. The cease-fire was set to end this weekend. On Saturday, Hamas said it rejected Israel’s proposal for extending the first phase of the cease-fire.

“With the conclusion of the 1st stage of the hostages deal and in light of Hamas’s refusal to accept the Witkoff framework for the continuation of the talks, to which Israel agreed, PM Netanyahu decided: as of this morning, entry of all goods & supplies to the Gaza Strip be halted,” the prime minister of Israel wrote in a March 2 post on social media platform X.

“Israel will not allow a cease-fire without a release of our hostages. If Hamas persists in its refusal, there will be additional consequences.”

Hamas is estimated to hold another 25 hostages and the bodies of 30 individuals.

The “Witkoff framework” referred to a proposal put forward by U.S. presidential envoy Steve Witkoff for a temporary cease-fire during the Ramadan and the Jewish Passover period. Ramadan is expected to end on March 30, and Passover on April 20.

Under the proposal, Hamas is expected to return half of all living and deceased hostages on the first day of the framework. If a permanent cease-fire agreement is reached, Hamas must release the remaining hostages and bodies.

“While Israel has agreed to the Witkoff framework in order to return our hostages, Hamas has, until now, clung to its rejection of this framework. If Hamas changes its position, Israel will immediately enter into negotiations on the overall details of the Witkoff framework,” the prime minister said.

“Steve Witkoff proposed the framework on extending the cease-fire after gaining the impression that, at present, there was no possibility of bridging between the positions of the sides on ending the war, and that additional time was required for talks on a permanent cease-fire.”

By Naveen Athrappully

Read Full Article on TheEpochTimes.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Epoch Times
The Epoch Timeshttps://www.theepochtimes.com/
Tired of biased news? The Epoch Times is truthful, factual news that other media outlets don't report. No spin. No agenda. Just honest journalism like it used to be.

Ozempic, What Could Go Wrong?

Humanity often ignores clear warning signs when they conflict with comfort, convenience, vanity, or quick fixes.

Exposing the Hypocrats

Americans are beginning to notice that a large portion of modern politics has become less about serving the people and more about manipulating them.

Germany’s Military Patronage Of Ukraine Is A Crucial Part Of Its Grand Strategy

German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius announced during his recent visit to Kiev that their countries will jointly develop “deep strike” capabilities.

The Constitution Only Works When Congress Works

The Constitution only works when Congress acts as it intends. It cannot work if Congress fails to defend its own institution and the separation of powers.

WATCH What Muslim Men Do To Western Women In The Netherlands – This Will SHOCK You!

Western Europe faces growing political and social division, with critics blaming both left-wing and centrist leadership for ongoing decline.

NASCAR Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Dies at 41 After ‘Severe Illness’

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has died at the age of 41, after being hospitalized earlier this week with an undisclosed illness.

CDC Warns Malaria Could Be Reintroduced in US

The CDC warned in a new report that malaria, a sometimes fatal blood parasitic disease, could be reestablished in the United States.

Minnesota Fraud Mastermind Sentenced to Nearly 42 Years in Prison

Aimee Bock, leader of Feeding Our Future, will spend 42 years in prison for playing a “central” role in the nation’s largest COVID-19 pandemic scam.

DOJ Charges 15 in $90 Million Minnesota Fraud Schemes

Criminal charges have been filed against 15 accused fraudsters in Minnesota, involving more than $90 million in taxpayers’ dollars, federal officials.

Trump’s Triumphal Arch Approved by Federal Commission

A commission has approved President Donald Trump’s triumphal arch just outside of Washington, a key step toward making the project a reality.

Trump Details Military Complex Above and Below New White House Ballroom

Trump says planned White House ballroom will be the “safest building ever built,” serving ceremonial and national security purposes.

Senate Confirms 49 Trump Nominees, Including Key Energy Officials

The Senate has confirmed 49 nominees selected by President Trump, including officials tapped to oversee federal land management and energy policy.

Trump Heading to China for High-Stakes Summit With Xi

President Trump is set to depart Washington for China, where he will meet with Chinese leader Xi Jinping for a high-stakes summit.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central