Orange County officials blast judge’s order to cut jail population by half

5Mind. The Meme Platform

ORANGE COUNTY, Calif. – The outgoing chair of the Orange County Board of Supervisors added her voice to criticism of a judge’s ruling ordering Sheriff Don Barnes to reduce the county’s jail population by half to allow for more social distancing among inmates during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Superior Court Judge Peter J. Wilson issued the order Friday in response to a lawsuit brought by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of inmates, some of whom have been released, who said they were particularly at risk due to underlying health conditions.

Michelle Steel, who won election last month to the 48th Congressional District, said the order placed county residents in greater danger of crime.

“As Chairwoman of the Orange County Board of Supervisors, it is my number one priority to ensure the public safety and security of the people of Orange County. This reckless order to release 50% of the jail population, over 1,800 inmates, onto the streets of Orange County, many of whom are pre-trial or have been convicted of violent crimes, threatens our safety and will endanger our communities,” Steel said.

“Orange County has been implementing proper safety measures to protect our inmates from the virus. Under Sheriff Barnes leadership, there have been zero deaths in OC jails and only three hospitalizations. This move is unnecessary and does more harm than good,” her statement concluded.

On Saturday, District Attorney Todd Spitzer blasted the ruling as well and pledged to support any effort to appeal it in court.

“A judge’s ruling to reduce the inmate population in the Orange County jail system by half will release dangerous and violent criminals back into our neighborhoods to commit more crimes and victimize more people. This is not fearmongering; it is a fact,” Spitzer’s statement said.

Read Full Article on FoxLA.com

Contact Your Elected Officials
The Thinking Conservative
The Thinking Conservativehttps://www.thethinkingconservative.com/
The goal of THE THINKING CONSERVATIVE is to help us educate ourselves on conservative topics of importance to our freedom and our pursuit of happiness. We do this by sharing conservative opinions on all kinds of subjects, from all types of people, and all kinds of media, in a way that will challenge our perceptions and help us to make educated choices.

When Coincidence Ceases to Persuade

Democratic leaders, media, celebrities, and elites contributed to a climate where political violence against one side of America feels increasingly justified.

Alpha-Gal Syndrome Up 5,566% in Ten Years (+ When the CIA Carpet-Bombed Cuba With Weaponized Ticks)

Social media is flooded with reports and videos showing exploding tick populations and mysterious boxes of ticks left in farms and woods nationwide.

Ozempic, What Could Go Wrong?

Humanity often ignores clear warning signs when they conflict with comfort, convenience, vanity, or quick fixes.

Exposing the Hypocrats

Americans are beginning to notice that a large portion of modern politics has become less about serving the people and more about manipulating them.

Germany’s Military Patronage Of Ukraine Is A Crucial Part Of Its Grand Strategy

German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius announced during his recent visit to Kiev that their countries will jointly develop “deep strike” capabilities.

Trump to Posthumously Award ‘Man in the Red Bandana’ the Presidential Medal of Freedom

​President Trump will posthumously award 9/11 hero Welles Crowther, the “Man in the Red Bandana,” the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

NASCAR Cup Series Champion Kyle Busch Dies at 41 After ‘Severe Illness’

Two-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Kyle Busch has died at the age of 41, after being hospitalized earlier this week with an undisclosed illness.

Federal Judge Dismisses Criminal Charges Against Kilmar Abrego Garcia

A federal judge in Tennessee dismissed criminal human smuggling charges pending against Kilmar Abrego Garcia on the grounds of vindictive prosecution.

Pentagon Releases Second Batch of UFO, UAP Files

The Department of War released its second batch of previously classified documents related to UFOs and UAPs to the public.

Trump’s Triumphal Arch Approved by Federal Commission

A commission has approved President Donald Trump’s triumphal arch just outside of Washington, a key step toward making the project a reality.

Trump Details Military Complex Above and Below New White House Ballroom

Trump says planned White House ballroom will be the “safest building ever built,” serving ceremonial and national security purposes.

Senate Confirms 49 Trump Nominees, Including Key Energy Officials

The Senate has confirmed 49 nominees selected by President Trump, including officials tapped to oversee federal land management and energy policy.

Trump Heading to China for High-Stakes Summit With Xi

President Trump is set to depart Washington for China, where he will meet with Chinese leader Xi Jinping for a high-stakes summit.
spot_img

Related Articles

Popular Categories

MAGA Business Central