Sign the petition to STOP H.R. 127 — Gun licensing, gun and ammo registration, magazine bans
Bill: H.R. 127 — Gun licensing, gun and ammo registration, magazine bans.
NAGR’s Position: Opposed.
Sponsor(s): Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee [D-TX-18]
Status: Introduced 1/4/2021
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee has introduced a truly heinous gun control bill full of mandates and demands designed to harass gun owners, destroy their rights, and make them into criminals.
H.R. 127 is loaded with everything but the kitchen sink. If it becomes law, H.R. 127 would:
- Create a national PUBLIC gun registry, forcing gun owners onto a public database that threatens the right to privacy of every gun owner — Thereby creating a criminal shopping list which doesn’t stop at disclosing your personal identification and what firearms you have.
- Force gun owners to disclose where and how their firearms are stored.
- Mandate gun owners to take (and pass) a psychological evaluation, be at least 21 years old, go through a Brady check, get multiple days of training, and be forced to purchase special gun insurance!
- Outlaw magazines holding over 10 rounds, turning millions of gun owners into criminals overnight.
- Puts arbitrary bans certain kinds of ammunition.
Failing to comply with any of these demands could mean losing your “license” and getting your guns and ammo grabbed by the government. It can also mean decades behind bars.
Let your congressmen know you OPPOSE Jackson Lee’s radical gun control bill, H.R. 127, by signing your petition below!
NO on H.R. 127 — Gun Licensing, Registration, and Magazine Bans
Petition to My Elected Officials
Whereas: The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution clearly states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed;” and
Whereas: H.R. 127 forces lawful gun owners to register their guns and ammunition in a public database that will be accessible to criminals, making them targets for theft, harassment and violence; and
Whereas: This bill would place arbitrary bans on certain ammo and all magazines holding over 10 rounds creating criminals out of lawful gun owners overnight;
Whereas: H.R. 127 demands that EVERY gun owner complete a background check, undergo a psychological evaluation, complete multiple days of bureaucrat mandated training, and purchase a government mandated insurance policy;
Therefore: H.R. 127 clearly infringes on the right to keep and bear arms on multiple levels and, as your constituent, I urge you to oppose this dangerous bill, H.R. 127 immediately.
(H. R. 127, H.R. 127, HR127)