New leadership delivering results for our community.
As a Pro-Trump Republican, Vernon Jones is running for Congress on a Georgia First platform, committed to approaching every issue through the lens of what is in the best interest of Georgians.
On The Issues
- What happened in November of 2020 should never be allowed to happen again. And the confidence of Georgia voters in the ability of our state to successfully carry out a free and fair election deserves to be restored. This is why I have called for a full, comprehensive forensic audit of the 2020 elections to provide a clear roadmap of where we must go from here, in terms of further reforms, to safeguard our election process.
- Our rights come from God, not government. During my time in the State House, I fought to preserve and protect the Constitution of the United States, reign in the size of government, defend the 2nd Amendment, and protect freedom of speech. In addition, I earned an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association and introduced legislation to designate political violence a hate crime, as Trump supporters were being attacked on the streets simply for wearing a MAGA hat.
- Now more than ever, it’s time that we embrace the founding principles of this country, not abandon them.
- It’s time to refund police, not defund police.
- It is resoundingly clear that more has to be done to protect our local communities throughout the state. In Governor Kemp’s own backyard, in the city of Atlanta, the murder rate surged 60% with a surge in aggravated assaults not far behind at 45%. This is unacceptable.
- While the Left chooses to stand by the menaces that terrorize our communities, I’ll stand by the men and women in blue who protect them, ensuring adequate funding, comprehensive training, and anti-riot legislation that will increase penalties for the violent and destructive assemblies that have characterized the Far-Left.
Protecting Georgia Values
- I grew up on a small farm town in rural North Carolina, much like many of the ones scattered throughout the state. From an early age, I learned the importance of hard work, the indispensable value of family, and an appreciation for the principles and values upon which this nation was built. The Democrat Party of today has declared an all-out assault on all three.
- This is why, as Governor, I’m committed to doing all I can to beat back this radical takeover of our state, from protecting the lives of the unborn and the integrity of women’s sports to banning the teaching of Critical Race Theory within Georgia public schools.
- Now isn’t the time to cave to the Woke Mob, now is the time to fight back.
About Vernon Jones
Born and raised in a small farm town in North Carolina, Vernon comes from humble beginnings. His late mother taught him the value of hard work, the importance of faith, and the moral obligation to do what’s right, even when it isn’t easy.
He took these lessons and applied them to public service. He served two terms as the CEO of DeKalb County, where he managed a $3.2 billion budget and a 7000+ member workforce and increased funding for roads, parks, and libraries, all while maintaining a balanced budget. He attributes this budgetary success to a few simple words told to him on the farm by his mother – “If you don’t have it, you don’t spend it.”
Following his successful tenure as County Executive, Representative Vernon Jones served in the Georgia House of Representatives, where he maintained an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association and sponsored legislation that criminalized political violence targeting Trump supporters, reined in the power of government, and sought to curtail and address the issue of illegal immigration.
Long an independent voice, Representative Jones, a former Democrat, never failed to buck the party line when he felt that it was right. When the Democratic Party embraced open borders, he fought back. When the Democratic Party embraced the assault on Judeo Christian values, he spoke up. And when the Democratic Party sought to do more to divide America, rather than unite it, he left.
In 2020, Representative Jones became one of the most visible and impassioned supporters of President Trump. He crisscrossed the country on President Trump’s behalf, spoke at rallies, and ultimately delivered a keynote speech at the 2020 Republican National Convention. Since then, he has become one of the President’s closest allies and consults with him regularly.
As a Pro-Trump Republican, Representative Jones is running on a Georgia First platform, committed to approaching every issue through the lens of what is in the best interest of Georgians. Now more than ever, the Republican Party is in desperate need of leaders who know how to fight, who are beholden to the people, not special interests. We are in the midst of a battle that will determine not just the future of Georgia, but the future of America and of our great American experiment known as Democracy.