As a Pro-Trump Republican, Vernon Jones is running for Georgia Governor on a Georgia First platform, committed to approaching every issue through the lens of what is in the best interest of Georgians.
“As your Governor, I’ll fight to secure our elections, protect our local communities, and rebuild Georgia’s economy.” – Vernon Jones, Candidate for Governor
On The Issues
- What happened in November of 2020 should never be allowed to happen again. And the confidence of Georgia voters in the ability of our state to successfully carry out a free and fair election deserves to be restored. This is why I have called for a full, comprehensive forensic audit of the 2020 elections to provide a clear roadmap of where we must go from here, in terms of further reforms, to safeguard our election process.
- Our rights come from God, not government. During my time in the State House, I fought to preserve and protect the Constitution of the United States, reign in the size of government, defend the 2nd Amendment, and protect freedom of speech. In addition, I earned an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association and introduced legislation to designate political violence a hate crime, as Trump supporters were being attacked on the streets simply for wearing a MAGA hat.
- Now more than ever, it’s time that we embrace the founding principles of this country, not abandon them.
- It’s time to refund police, not defund police.
- It is resoundingly clear that more has to be done to protect our local communities throughout the state. In Governor Kemp’s own backyard, in the city of Atlanta, the murder rate surged 60% with a surge in aggravated assaults not far behind at 45%. This is unacceptable.
- While the Left chooses to stand by the menaces that terrorize our communities, I’ll stand by the men and women in blue who protect them, ensuring adequate funding, comprehensive training, and anti-riot legislation that will increase penalties for the violent and destructive assemblies that have characterized the Far-Left.
Protecting Georgia Values
- I grew up on a small farm town in rural North Carolina, much like many of the ones scattered throughout the state. From an early age, I learned the importance of hard work, the indispensable value of family, and an appreciation for the principles and values upon which this nation was built. The Democrat Party of today has declared an all-out assault on all three.
- This is why, as Governor, I’m committed to doing all I can to beat back this radical takeover of our state, from protecting the lives of the unborn and the integrity of women’s sports to banning the teaching of Critical Race Theory within Georgia public schools.
- Now isn’t the time to cave to the Woke Mob, now is the time to fight back.
About Vernon Jones
Born and raised in a small farm town in North Caroline, Vernon comes from humble beginnings. His late mother taught him the value of hard work, the importance of faith, and the moral obligation to do what’s right, even when it isn’t easy.
He took these lessons and applied them to public service. He served two terms as the CEO of DeKalb County, where he managed a $3.2 billion budget and 7000+ member workforce, increased funding for roads, parks, and libraries, all while maintaining a balanced budget. Because as his mother taught him on the farm, if you don’t have it, you don’t spend it. Following his tenure as County Executive, Representative Vernon Jones served in Georgia.
House of Representatives, where he maintained an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association and sponsored legislation that criminalized political violence targeting Trump supporters, reined in the power of government, and sought to curtail and address the issue of illegal immigration.
Long an independent voice, a former Democrat, Rep. Jones never failed to buck the party line when he felt that it was right. When the Democrat Party embraced open borders, he fought back. When the Democrat Party embraced the assault on Judeo Christian values, he spoke up. And when the Democrat Party sought to do more to divide America, than unite it, he left.
As Ronald Reagan once said, he didn’t leave the Democrat Party. The Democrat Party left him.
In 2020, Representative Jones became one of the most visible and impassioned supporters of President Trump, crisscrossing the country on his behalf, speaking at rallies, and ultimately, delivering a keynote speech at the 2020 Republican National Convention. Since, he had become one of the President’s closest allies and consults with him regularly.
As a Pro-Trump Republican, Vernon Jones is running on a Georgia First platform, committed to approaching every issue through the lens of what is in the best interest of Georgians. Now more than ever, Republican Party is in desperate need of leaders that know how to fight, beholden to the people, not special interests. We are in the midst of a battle that will determine not just the future of Georgia, but the future of America and our great American experiment known as Democracy. In 2018, the Republican Party held onto the Governor’s Mansion by less than 2 points.
We can’t afford to cut it that close again.