These are press releases from the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia covering the U.S. Capitol breach on January 6, 2021.
The United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia is unique among U.S. Attorney’s Offices in the size and scope of its work. It serves as both the local and the federal prosecutor for the nation’s capital. On the local side, these prosecutions extend from misdemeanor drug possession cases to murders. On the federal side, these prosecutions extend from child pornography to gangs to financial fraud to terrorism. In both roles, the Office is committed to being responsive and accountable to the citizens of the District of Columbia.
The Office also enforces the law and defends the interests of the United States in civil suits brought in the district. Its location in the seat of the federal government gives it responsibility for many cases of national importance, including far-reaching challenges to federal policies and employment practices.
In all things, the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia is committed to ensuring the fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.
- Former Treasurer and Comptroller of the Universal Ballet Foundation Pleads Guilty in $1.5 Million Bank Fraud Matter
- Utah Man Arrested for Assaulting Law Enforcement during Jan. 6 Capitol Breach
- New York Man Pleads Guilty to $4 Million Extortion Scheme
- Former Executive Director of the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. and Husband Plead Guilty to Bank Fraud
- Individual Arrested and Charged with Operating Notorious Darknet Cryptocurrency "Mixer"
- New York Man Arrested for Assaulting Law Enforcement During Jan. 6 Capitol Breach
- Oregon Man Arrested for Assault on Law Enforcement during Jan. 6 Capitol Breach
- Husband and Wife Charged with Assaulting Metropolitan Police Officers during Jan. 6 Capitol Breach
- Third Member of Conspiracy Involving Proud Boys Members Arrested in Connection to Jan. 6 Capitol Breach
- South Carolina Man Arrested for Assault on Law Enforcement During Jan. 6 Capitol Breach
- Kentucky Man Arrested for Assaulting a U.S. Capitol Police Officer in Jan. 6 Capitol Breach
- Department of Justice Closes Investigation into the Death of Ashli Babbitt
- D.C. Woman Pleads Guilty to Defrauding Two Non-Profit Organizations