These are press releases from the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia covering the U.S. Capitol breach on January 6, 2021.
The United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia is unique among U.S. Attorney’s Offices in the size and scope of its work. It serves as both the local and the federal prosecutor for the nation’s capital. On the local side, these prosecutions extend from misdemeanor drug possession cases to murders. On the federal side, these prosecutions extend from child pornography to gangs to financial fraud to terrorism. In both roles, the Office is committed to being responsive and accountable to the citizens of the District of Columbia.
The Office also enforces the law and defends the interests of the United States in civil suits brought in the district. Its location in the seat of the federal government gives it responsibility for many cases of national importance, including far-reaching challenges to federal policies and employment practices.
In all things, the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Columbia is committed to ensuring the fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans.
- Two District Men Indicted for Violent Kidnapping Live-Streamed on Social Media
- Individuals Associated with Proud Boys Charged with Conspiring to Obstruct an Official Proceeding and Interfering with Law Enforcement, and Other Charges Related to the Jan. 6 Riots
- Howard University Employee Pleads Guilty to Healthcare Fraud Government Continues Crackdown on People Who Defraud Medicaid
- Three Individuals Arrested for Involvement in Darknet Narcotics Trafficking Involving Pills Pressed with Fentanyl
- Retired NYPD Officer Arrested, Charged in Federal Court for Assaulting and Impeding MPD Officer during U.S. Capitol Breach
- Six Individuals Affiliated with the Oath Keepers Indicted by a Federal Grand Jury for Conspiracy to Obstruct Congress on Jan. 6, 2021
- Maine Man Charged in Federal Court for Assaulting and Impeding Law Enforcement Officers during U.S. Capitol Breach
- Member of Proud Boys Charged with Obstructing an Official Proceeding, Other Charges Related to the Jan. 6 Riots
- Texas Man, Self-Proclaimed Leader of Honolulu Proud Boys Now Indicted by a Federal Grand Jury for Conspiracy to Obstruct Congress